Phantom receiver with other FC's

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Phantom 1 and Phantom 1.1.1 receivers besides the two antennas? I understand that the transmitters are different as well but what is that difference?
Is it possible to use the Phantom 1.1.1 receiver and transmitter with other flight controllers?
Anyone know?

Old version is PPM, new is DBus/SBus. The tx/rx systems can't be interchanged, so the 1.1.1 DBus TX only talks to a DBus RX; same situation with PPM.

OI Photography said:
syotr said:
Is it possible to use the Phantom 1.1.1 receiver and transmitter with other flight controllers?
Anyone know?

DJI flight controllers (Wookong, A2), or other types (Pixhawk, etc)?

As far as the A2 is concerned, I think that already has a better DBus rx baked right in, so there's no point in replacing it with a 1.1.1.

OI Photography said:
syotr said:
Anyone know?

DJI flight controllers (Wookong, A2), or other types (Pixhawk, etc)?
Not DJI. I am building a waterproof quad using a Vector FC.

It should work since the Vector accepts S-Bus. However, I don't believe that the 7th channel (X1/gimbal) is output on the main S-Bus connection from the receiver (the one that goes in to X2 on the NAZA), so you may be limited to just 6 channels.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20