Phantom RC

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the RC that came with my phantom 3 advanced will only work with that particular phantom 3. Can I purchase another phantom 3 without the RC and use this controller which I really love. On the same subject is it possible to use this RC on a new quadcopter I might build myself? If so I could save a few dollars .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does anyone know if the RC that came with my phantom 3 advanced will only work with that particular phantom 3. Can I purchase another phantom 3 without the RC and use this controller which I really love. On the same subject is it possible to use this RC on a new quadcopter I might build myself? If so I could save a few dollars .

You can link an RC to a P3. Check out this video.

If you know the protocol of the coded data , you will be able to use it on your newly built drone. To me it looks very difficult.

But you should be able to link to another P3 easily.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Can I purchase another phantom 3 without the RC and use this controller which I really love.
While this is possible, it will not be convenient if you switch Phantoms often. You'll need to relink the remote controller each time you fly it with a different Phantom.

Your RC will work with any P3A or P3P....you just have to link the Phantom to the controller. You are unlikely to be able to purchase a Phantom without a controller. You won't be able to use the RC with a self build, as it uses lightbridge for sending/receiving.

Thanks all...you answered my questions!

You are unlikely to be able to purchase a Phantom without a controller.
You can, but it'll be more expensive than buying a new (complete) Phantom after adding in the cost of the camera/gimbal too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj