Phantom - Ratching Motor Sound

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

Hard a hard landing yesterday, essentially from about 5-10m the engine just cut out. However it started backup and flew. I noticed the LED status was out so I took it a part last night to see if I could find out why, turns out the red wire was popped off the LED. After attempting to solder it I realized there was not metal for it to stick to and ordered a replacement.

NOne the less put it back together went to start it up and now all 4 motors are making a ratching sound. I can't figure out why they would be doing that and with power applied nothing.... same slow twitching sound.

Any ideas? IS there a way to get error codes without lights?

Do they turn freely when the Phantom is off? You may have gotten some bits of sand or gravel underneath the motor during your crash.

TickTock said:
Do they turn freely when the Phantom is off? You may have gotten some bits of sand or gravel underneath the motor during your crash.

Perfectly freely. Smooth as a babies bottom :)

I also just took out a DX8 Reciever and bypassed the onboard one to see if it was something there and even with the DX8 and it's reciever, same thing.

Oddly enough just to get a repaired LED you also get the MC Board.... the thing is it costs $60 and even though it will probably be here tomorrow, I'm wouldn't want to try that persay if that wasn't potentially it... but what are the odds all 4 ESCs are shot?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie