Phantom problem

Another place to avoid placing your Phantom near are any tablet or smartphone covers used to protect these devices. Covers that turn the device on by opening the cover contain magnet(s) that can magnetize your Phantoms compass if the two get too close together.

I reupgrade my firmware and my mod wento 545, so my phantom catch gps signal but at the moment of calibration, I have error.

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Finally flying... But... It does what ever he wants in the air, it really imposible to control it... What can it be?

Hi everyone! Finally flying... But... It does what ever he wants in the air, it really imposible to control it... What can it be?

What mode are you flying? GPS-ATTI , ATTI or manual?
Was your last IMU and Compass calibration processes successfull?

Switch to GPS mode ... if you're in ATTI or Manual mode (and your a new pilot), controlling your quad will be more difficult. In ATTI mode marginally more difficult.... in Manual mode very much more difficult.

Switch to GPS mode ... if you're in ATTI or Manual mode (and your a new pilot), controlling your quad will be more difficult. In ATTI mode marginally more difficult.... in Manual mode very much more difficult.
I am flying it in gps Mode, My S1 switcher is up. My phantom gets green light and then success full home location (5 or 6 green flashes) after that I calibrate it and finally I turn on the engines. But when I want to pull it up it moves a little bit to the front so sometimes it gets stuck in the grass... And when I finally pull it up it gets me really dificult to controle it, it moves to the front or backwards with out being controled by me...

When trying to take off don't do apply power slowly. You need to apply full power quickly to avoid tipping over on launch.

If the quad is then "STILL" unstable in the air (and there is no wind), one or more of your of your motors are not working properly. The problem your describing often occurs after a crash when a motor or an ESC for a motor is damaged when the prop is forcibly stopped when it strikes something.

Wandering around after launch can also be due to a problem with your compass. Find procedures on line to demagnetize the DJI compass.... it may somehow have gotten magnetized. If that's happened you will have control problems.

Reactions: lucassidoti
My phantom gets green light and then success full home location (5 or 6 green flashes) after that I calibrate it and finally I turn on the engines

Hey Lucas, I'm not sure if I'm reading you correctly or not, but in your post above, you said "...then success full home location (5 or 6 green flashes)". I'm guessing this is your Course Lock or nose direction lock and your Home Lock or home point lock, which should be around 20 fast greens each, from what I've read here and elsewhere. The other thing is that you indicated that "...AFTER that I calibrate it and finally I turn on the engines". If that's really what's happening, the bird should not be moved at any angle in any direction after both sets of 20 fast greens. So if you are doing the compass calibration AFTER those, you need to switch and do the compass first thing after power on, then after returning S1 to GPS or full up position, wait for the two sets of fast greens and don't move the bird, just start the engines.

Apologies if I misunderstood your intent, but that was my read on what you posted. If anything I offered is incorrect, hopefully someone here will set me straight, because I sure don't to be giving any bad info. Good luck and let us know if you make any headway on getting her flying.

When trying to take off don't do apply power slowly. You need to apply full power quickly to avoid tipping over on launch.

If the quad is then "STILL" unstable in the air (and there is no wind), one or more of your of your motors are not working properly. The problem your describing often occurs after a crash when a motor or an ESC for a motor is damaged when the prop is forcibly stopped when it strikes something.

Wandering around after launch can also be due to a problem with your compass. Find procedures on line to demagnetize the DJI compass.... it may somehow have gotten magnetized. If that's happened you will have control problems.
Hi, actually I have a value near 1400 in my compass mod so... its correct. how can i know if I have a problem with an engine? Thanks, now i am having problem at connecting my phantom to the pc (another pc, not the one I always connect it)

Hey Lucas, I'm not sure if I'm reading you correctly or not, but in your post above, you said "...then success full home location (5 or 6 green flashes)". I'm guessing this is your Course Lock or nose direction lock and your Home Lock or home point lock, which should be around 20 fast greens each, from what I've read here and elsewhere. The other thing is that you indicated that "...AFTER that I calibrate it and finally I turn on the engines". If that's really what's happening, the bird should not be moved at any angle in any direction after both sets of 20 fast greens. So if you are doing the compass calibration AFTER those, you need to switch and do the compass first thing after power on, then after returning S1 to GPS or full up position, wait for the two sets of fast greens and don't move the bird, just start the engines.

Apologies if I misunderstood your intent, but that was my read on what you posted. If anything I offered is incorrect, hopefully someone here will set me straight, because I sure don't to be giving any bad info. Good luck and let us know if you make any headway on getting her flying.

You mean that I have to first catch home lock and then the calibration? I will try that tomorrow, thank you, now i am having problems at connecting my phantom to the pc (is another pc, no the one I always conect the drone)

I am flying it in gps Mode, My S1 switcher is up. My phantom gets green light and then success full home location (5 or 6 green flashes) after that I calibrate it and finally I turn on the engines. But when I want to pull it up it moves a little bit to the front so sometimes it gets stuck in the grass... And when I finally pull it up it gets me really dificult to controle it, it moves to the front or backwards with out being controled by me...

About the tip-over, give fullpower suddenly, as already suggested by Pilot_FML.
The instability when you fly can be caused:
-by one motor/esc that is not properly running: with the bird powered off, manually check the propeller's rotation and see if any is giving you a significant greather resistance than the other.
-by excessive gain: connect with Naza assistant and post the gains you have programmed, as well as your bird configuration.
-your transmitter is not calibrated:using Naza assistant check that when you move your sticks in all directions, Naza is detecting a correct 0-100% movement. If you have any doubt, please follow the calibration procedure in chapter A5 of the Phantom advanced manual that I attach.

You mean that I have to first catch home lock and then the calibration?

No, just the opposite. The compass calibration is performed immediately after power on. Then when the LED is back to showing satellite acquisition, place the bird on the ground and do not move it in any direction. AFTER home point and nose direction (20 green fast flashes), then you can start motors if you have only single green flashes. Let us know if this helps...

I don't understand doing the compass calibration first. I always let the quad boot up first getting the two sets of quick green flashes indicating course lock and home point are recorded. After that I do the compass if need be. I got my first P1 in April 2014 and have always done it that way and no problems. I have 3 P1s and do them all the same way.

I don't understand doing the compass calibration first. I always let the quad boot up first getting the two sets of quick green flashes indicating course lock and home point are recorded. After that I do the compass if need be. I got my first P1 in April 2014 and have always done it that way and no problems. I have 3 P1s and do them all the same way.

Hey Monte, thanks for that insight. I had never heard it done that way. I was hoping someone would chime in if I was off track. That's how learn here, or at least, that's how I've learned. Thanks again.

So Lucas, it looks like I was barking up the wrong tree. It appears the order in which the compass calibration is done is of no consequence. Hope someone can help...

Hey Monte, thanks for that insight. I had never heard it done that way. I was hoping someone would chime in if I was off track. That's how learn here, or at least, that's how I've learned. Thanks again.

So Lucas, it looks like I was barking up the wrong tree. It appears the order in which the compass calibration is done is of no consequence. Hope someone can help...
I have heard of people doing the compass calibration first but I dont see the point. When you first boot up the quad it starts looking for satellites. First thing it records is course lock direction indicated by first set of quick green flashes. If
you want CL to work as expected when flying, pay close attention to the direction the quad was facing at start up. Now you may be getting some red flashes as it is getting enough satellites. When the reds are gone you will soon get the second set of quick green flashes indicating home point is recorded. Both CL and HOME POINT can be changed once flying using the S2 switch. I may start my quad in my drive and then fly to the front of my property. There are tall trees in between. I reset home point in the front should RTH kick in for any reason. You can also reset the RTH altitude while flying. Default is about 60 feet. That won't clear my trees. So if you go up 50 feet and reset home point, your RTH altitude is now 110 feet. Hope this helps some.

Thanks, now i am having problem at connecting my phantom to the pc (another pc, not the one I always connect it)

If the problem you have is that your Laptop does not recognize the driver, there is a recent discussion where this problem was analyzed and solved.
If your operating system is Windows 8 or 10, you should force back the date to 2015, then disinstall the driver, install it again and go back to the current date.
This suggestion come from DJI and it seems is working: it applies to new driver installations. If you had the driver working on Windows 7 and migrate to Windows 10, the driver works properly(I am in this condition and it works).

If the problem you have is that your Laptop does not recognize the driver, there is a recent discussion where this problem was analyzed and solved.
If your operating system is Windows 8 or 10, you should force back the date to 2015, then disinstall the driver, install it again and go back to the current date.
This suggestion come from DJI and it seems is working: it applies to new driver installations. If you had the driver working on Windows 7 and migrate to Windows 10, the driver works properly(I am in this condition and it works).
Thank you so much, I will try it later

OK, I try first calibrating and then having home lock. I had a better flight but anyways I phantom has problem with engines, it does not stay in his position in the air, I have to control him all the time, I try recalibrating the main control (in an WIN XP OS pc) and nothing changed... What else can it be? Thank you

OK, I try first calibrating and then having home lock. I had a better flight but anyways I phantom has problem with engines, it does not stay in his position in the air, I have to control him all the time, I try recalibrating the main control (in an WIN XP OS pc) and nothing changed... What else can it be? Thank you

Can you post your current gains?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.