Phantom problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Lucas, I am from Argentina and I have a Phantom 1.

I have a problem, after catching gps signal and after a succesful home location search my led keeps blinking in green, but when I want to accelerate and lift it, engines doesnt work, I guess I am jumping a step of the warming up (steps before flying), can any one give me a help?

Thank you so much

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

My name is Lucas, I am from Argentina and I have a Phantom 1.

I have a problem, after catching gps signal and after a succesful home location search my led keeps blinking in green, but when I want to accelerate and lift it, engines doesnt work, I guess I am jumping a step of the warming up (steps before flying), can any one give me a help?

Thank you so much

Have you flown this before?

There is an special way? I Just acclerate with the control, is not that way?

Take the props off for now so you don't have an accident. To start motors, you have to bring both sticks down and to inside corners. That starts motors. They have to be done at same time.

Take the props off for now so you don't have an accident. To start motors, you have to bring both sticks down and to inside corners. That starts motors. They have to be done at same time.
I am still testing it inside my home with out the wings, so it doesnt lift, Just to see that the engines moves.

It works now! Thank you! But I think engines are a little bit acelerated and I could stop them till the moment I disconect the battery, why is that?

It works now! Thank you! But I think engines are a little bit acelerated and I could stop them till the moment I disconect the battery, why is that?

To stop motors quickly, do same as start up with both sticks. Before you fly the first time, you should connect to computer to make sure everything is set up properly. You will need to download the drivers and assistant software from the DJI site for your model.

To stop motors quickly, do same as start up with both sticks. Before you fly the first time, you should connect to computer to make sure everything is set up properly. You will need to download the drivers and assistant software from the DJI site for your model.
I already did that. I guess engines are a little bit accelerated, May be?

I'm not sure what you mean
Nono, they are ok now, realy thanks! I still have to learn all the atti gps, atti and fail safe modes. But to fly it low it works now. Thank you so much again!

Any other help, warning or advice will be welcome!

Nono, they are ok now, realy thanks! I still have to learn all the atti gps, atti and fail safe modes. But to fly it low it works now. Thank you so much again!

Any other help, warning or advice will be welcome!

If you are new to this...keep both switches in up postion for now. Turn on transmitter first and then plug in battery to Phantom while on level surface and don't touch it. . Let it warm up and you should get two sets of quick green flahes with no red flashes. You should then do a compass calibration. When you get the steady slow green flashing, you are ready to fly. Do not take off slow. Give it full power till it's up in the air a bit and then bring left stick down a bit to hover.

If you are new to this...keep both switches in up postion for now. Turn on transmitter first and then plug in battery to Phantom while on level surface and don't touch it. . Let it warm up and you should get two sets of quick green flahes with no red flashes. You should then do a compass calibration. When you get the steady slow green flashing, you are ready to fly. Do not take off slow. Give it full power till it's up in the air a bit and then bring left stick down a bit to hover.
Got it, thanks. And what about the home Mode activation if I lost then control? And I have problems with my giroscope Mode value too, it seems to be magentized...

Got it, thanks. And what about the home Mode activation if I lost then control? And I have problems with my giroscope Mode value too, it seems to be magentized...

The right switch has three positions. Top is GPS...............middle is ATTI;;;
Bottom is Atti or Return too Home or Manual....you have to select what the bottom does in assistant software.
The left switch has three positions also. Top is Off....middle is CourseLock...
Bottom is Home Lock...These will only work if IOC box is selected in assistant software.
Before you plan to use that feature, fully understand it, because you can get it trouble real quick. There are many videos on youtube about this. Some are better than others. If you search this site, there is much discussion on IOC and how it works. It's cool.
Your mod value on your compass should be close to 1500 . Don't get any magnets close to compass unless your value is way out and you have to try to get it back to normal. Don't power up tour Phantom on or near metal like cars, metal table, metal in concrete etc. Learn how to do the compass calibration properly. So many do it wrong. ,

The right switch has three positions. Top is GPS...............middle is ATTI;;;
Bottom is Atti or Return too Home or Manual....you have to select what the bottom does in assistant software.
The left switch has three positions also. Top is Off....middle is CourseLock...
Bottom is Home Lock...These will only work if IOC box is selected in assistant software.
Before you plan to use that feature, fully understand it, because you can get it trouble real quick. There are many videos on youtube about this. Some are better than others. If you search this site, there is much discussion on IOC and how it works. It's cool.
Your mod value on your compass should be close to 1500 . Don't get any magnets close to compass unless your value is way out and you have to try to get it back to normal. Don't power up tour Phantom on or near metal like cars, metal table, metal in concrete etc. Learn how to do the compass calibration properly. So many do it wrong. ,
I had many problems with that, there is no way to take the value near 1500 unless I stick a magnet to the compass (located in the land support), in that way it goes between 1000 and 2000, but I still have many problems with that, I will try to solve them from now on that I know how to turn on and off engines. Any ways, that I my real problem, I have many problems with the compass and the mod value, so If I get away the magnet it goes to 3000-4000 the value and error 27 pops up in the assistant program in my pc, making impossible to calibrate the gps.

I had many problems with that, there is no way to take the value near 1500 unless I stick a magnet to the compass (located in the land support), in that way it goes between 1000 and 2000, but I still have many problems with that, I will try to solve them from now on that I know how to turn on and off engines. Any ways, that I my real problem, I have many problems with the compass and the mod value, so If I get away the magnet it goes to 3000-4000 the value and error 27 pops up in the assistant program in my pc, making impossible to calibrate the gps.

There is a good video on how to use a magnet to bring the compass back to normal. The guy used to work for DJI. His name is Colin I think. If you fly with a real bad compass mod you will be in trouble.

There is a good video on how to use a magnet to bring the compass back to normal. The guy used to work for DJI. His name is Colin I think. If you fly with a real bad compass mod you will be in trouble.
Here's the video..it's a good one
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DONE! But why is so normal that the compass gets magnetized?

DONE! But why is so normal that the compass gets magnetized?

Did you get your compass to normal? Putting the Phantom by magnets, car speakers or other magnetic fields can do this. Even using a small magnetic screwdriver on the compass bracket on leg can do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31