Phantom Pro bought on eBay, not working

Reaction score
We bought a P3P on eBay, says was a 4 out of 5, perfect condition. Drone itself looks good, but could hear something rolling around inside remote. Tried to link with drone, but will not, only get "Confirm Frequency?" message when try to link. Tried manual link pressing C1 and C2, the camera button but did not work. Remote would beep but when press button on drone nothing happened.
Remote had pieces loose inside rolling around, so opened it last night. All the screw holes are stripped, right control stick screw bosses are broken out, and stick will move in remote. Cable from HDMI board to main board wasn't plugged in, but when I try to plug in won't stay, doesn't go in as far as other cables do into connector, so won't latch onto it.
Told wife to contact seller (her purchase, can only provide assistance) and see what kind of deal he's pulling. Obviously remote isn't original and a pile of junk, don't know what kind of soup sandwich the drone itself may be. Did not come with a camera, so bought one, seems to be ok, but makes a grinding noise when powered up, can feel it in the camera. Seller said it was used 3 times while his was in for repair, and looks really clean and new.
Just not sure where to go with some of this, maybe best to just return this one and start over. Into it about $600 now, can buy a remote and be ok, but if drone has issue, might as well buy a new one, which is what I'm kind of avoiding.
Was unsure of much diagnostic technique, if I should even bother. Some tips and advice would go a long ways. Thanks all.

It sounds like a lemon unfortunately.

First of all you should close it back up and stop tinkering with it. If the seller finds out that you opened the case, they'll use that against you in a dispute. They'll say you broke everything.

You should tell your wife to file a dispute with EBay. Do you know if she used her credit card when she made the PayPal payment?

If a credit card was used, she should also file a disputed with the credit card company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: captainmilehigh
This is certainly a case of selling a defective piece. You should get returned thru eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Agree with above posts, contact EBay asap and start the return process. Be careful listing the reason for the return, and don't mention all the efforts trying to get it working. Simple "not what I ordered" should be enough.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

She contacted him, said he flew it just before selling. Liar. Remote not linked, he sold the camera and battery in separate auctions hoping that nobody could get it up and running quick enough. Told him we were taking to a shop to have checked for loose pieces inside. She did do through payment through PayPal, so should be good there. eBay is usually pretty good about being on buyers side, hope holds true here.

Why would he sell the camera and battery in separate auctions? Sounds like he's crashed it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's my line of thought on it. Had bid on the camera, but didn't win it. Looked this morning out of curiosity, has relisted that camera but now instead of a 4 out of 5 rating he gave it, says the sd card reader does not work. Wonder what he will say about this Phantom when he tries to relist it!

Reactions: Doink
That's my line of thought on it. Had bid on the camera, but didn't win it. Looked this morning out of curiosity, has relisted that camera but now instead of a 4 out of 5 rating he gave it, says the sd card reader does not work. Wonder what he will say about this Phantom when he tries to relist it!

Are you looking to buy a new P3P still? Got one sealed, and a receipt if want to try and work out at deal?

Are you looking to buy a new P3P still? Got one sealed, and a receipt if want to try and work out at deal?
Probably not, just stumbled onto this and thought we might make out well. We talked about it last night, and think we should just stick with what we have. Pro really is overkill for us, so probably stick with 4K and P3S. Thank you very much, though. Really appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen