Phantom Power up sound/melody

Reaction score
Is there any way to lower the volume of the startup sound/melody?
I know its there as a signal that the system powered up ok but I really don't need it to be quite so loud.

Where abouts are the little speakers inside the Phantom? Maybe a little Sugru might help :D

Retroman said:
Is there any way to lower the volume of the startup sound/melody?
I know its there as a signal that the system powered up ok but I really don't need it to be quite so loud.

Where abouts are the little speakers inside the Phantom? Maybe a little Sugru might help :D

No volume control here ... no speakers here... the sounds that you hear come from ESC - Motors at high freq. :lol:

it's likely in the firmware....part of boot sequence (POST)
I have actually heard a Phantom with a customized sound but i'm not sure how he did it. I dont think it would be too difficult. I have already spent a few hours trying to hack into the Phantoms firmware with n oluck yet but i know with a bit more time i will be in there and will get to see lots of info on customization and performance enhancements.

eckoner said:
I have actually heard a Phantom with a customized sound but i'm not sure how he did it. I dont think it would be too difficult. I have already spent a few hours trying to hack into the Phantoms firmware with n oluck yet but i know with a bit more time i will be in there and will get to see lots of info on customization and performance enhancements.

I'm glad to see its not just me ;)

To me its just another car ECU. Less input sensors than a car and only 4 dependent variable outputs! With potential for more DV outputs.

The majority of maps would be 3D, but they could be much larger than the maps i find in car ECUs. If we can write a description file for the .bin I can load it into one of many ECU flashing softwares I have and display the maps for people to see how this thing really works!

. . . .DJI ain't gonna tell us!

eckoner said:

I'm glad to see its not just me ;)

To me its just another car ECU. Less input sensors than a car and only 4 dependent variable outputs! With potential for more DV outputs.

The majority of maps would be 3D, but they could be much larger than the maps i find in car ECUs. If we can write a description file for the .bin I can load it into one of many ECU flashing softwares I have and display the maps for people to see how this thing really works!

. . . .DJI ain't gonna tell us!

eckoner said:

What kind of micro-controller does it use? Have you already started disassembling? I've got some experience in reverse engineering and may be able to help. I'll give IDA a try later...

So there is no way to disable this freaky loud beep-series with some melody?
Does not sound like motor self testing sound, it coming from speaker.

Oh god not again !!!

THERE IS NO LOUDSPEAKER IN THE NAZA (Any Version)
THERE IS NO LOUDSPEAKER IN THE PHANTOM (Any version)

The start up tones you hear are generated by the ESC's sending pulses to the brushless motors and the bell housing of the motors 'act' like loudspeakers and produce the tones.

I will not debate this any more - There are no speakers ANYWHERE in your aircrafts - FACT !

How can i turn off the speakers please?

6837.png

You can always turn off the speakers by removing the motors :)

The startup sound doesn't come from the NAZA, it's not even controlled by the NAZA firmware. It's all in the ESC firmware. Power up a bare ESC/motor with a direct receiver connection (no NAZA at all) and it'll still make the sound. You can reflash the ESC and make your own startup sound (or get rid of it completely).

ElGuano said:
You can always turn off the speakers by removing the motors :)

Yes that will work !!!! :lol:

If you carefully unscrew the shell of your phantom and then either cut the wires to all four motors or if you want to do it carefully de-solder the wires to each motor that will silence your Phantom once and for all !!!!!

I can only make software updates to my phantom when my son is awake because my office is next door to his room and the start up sound is LOUD :roll:

notsojazzyjeff said:
I can only make software updates to my phantom when my son is awake because my office is next door to his room and the start up sound is LOUD :roll:
I feel for you, I also think the sound is on the loud side, and I worry that to may wake the baby. The E300 is a tad quieter (even coming out of 6 motors), but those ESCs will not fit in the phantom.

Some ESC's use this sound output for programming the various ESC parameters. Some motors act as better speakers than others with permanent magnet type producing good volume.
Some parameter examples would be motor type, acceleration rate, reversing, maximum power percent, braking etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers