Phantom POB fix

Reaction score
Since installing the goodluckbuy gimbal, it has become a royal pain to take off smoothly. I put the ontroller into Atti mode but it still leans dangerously over. Once in the air and landing is no problem. I tried flying today with the new vision props and the whole thing flipped right over, i.e. turned turtle, onto the props, breaking the tips off two of them. Bugger!

Short of pushing back on the right stick is there any way I can use the Nazam assistant to alter the point of balance so that the quad takes off more vertically. I'm starting to feel that the gimbal wasn't worth the money or hassle.

Kevin.

I would love to know the answer to this question. I have seen two opposing answers on this forum....yes, and no. if you go into Assistant, then Basic, then Mounting...there is a diagram that discusses adjustment for placement of the GPS module AND COG. To me it appears to say that one can adjust EITHER the GPS placement OR COG. If it is going to happen anywhere, that is where it would be.

Re: your bird instantly flipping without lifting off after changing props......I strongly suspect you placed the props on wrong. That is what happens when you do.

Basically, with COG off-center, the bird has to lift off and start to tilt before the self-leveling mechanisms sense it and adjust. Most just pop it right up aggressively....without standing in front of it. I would also wonder if, letting the bird boot up on a level surface, if ONLY AFTER THAT, setting it with a slight forward tilt...which the sensors will then try to adjust for, it might take off straight up.

Let us know.

I've tried dozens of values on mounting from -100cm to +100cm in X, Y and Z. For the life of me, I can't definitively say it did anything, good or bad. This seems to matter a lot more on bigger quads with larger wingspans and more mounting surface area.

IME, having balanced props and smooth take-off does more than balancing your center of gravity. I've added 170g in weight to the front, back and each side and you're never really guaranteed a particular tilt on take-off. Once in flight it's pretty unflappable.

You can take off a bit faster to in order to get the bird up in the air so the FC compensates, which it immediately does as soon as 2 legs are off the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj