Phantom Pilots of Southern California

Did you fly this morning?
I didnt get a chance. I did go to vicente pointe Sunday afternoon around 4ish but there was a good amount of people around. I decided to hike southeast along the road to some cliffs (suggested by another) but there was a group of people at the cliffs hangin out. Decided I didnt want to draw attention so didnt fly the bird. Im going to try again but this time go in the early AM.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I didnt get a chance. I did go to vicente pointe Sunday afternoon around 4ish but there was a good amount of people around. I decided to hike southeast along the road to some cliffs (suggested by another) but there was a group of people at the cliffs hangin out. Decided I didnt want to draw attention so didnt fly the bird. Im going to try again but this time go in the early AM.
Okay...keep us posted! :)

Huntington Beach Pier - Episode 2: Twilight at the pier in Huntington Beach, California. Captured by my DJI Phantom 4 in 4K resolution on October 29, 2016

@SoCalDude Where can you launch from and land when flying at Huntington pier?
From the parking lots on either side of the pier. Some pilots launch in the paved area between Dwight's (when they're closed) and the steps up to the parking lot.

Last edited:
I flew Huntington Harbour this evening. While I'm post-processing the video, enjoy this photograph from the operation ...

uSybOLC.jpg

I flew Huntington Harbour this evening. While I'm post-processing the video, enjoy this photograph from the operation ...

uSybOLC.jpg
Nice!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: SoCalDude
Took an early evening flight above Huntington Harbour recently. Enjoy ...

Did a quick, impromptu flight over the Chino Hills area. Not the best lighting as my flight path was directly into the sun.

Here's a promotional video of condo community in HB that I created...

Jetty, Buoy, and Sea Lions

This was my most challenging flight to date. After trekking over up and down over boulders as big as small cars for about 1/2 mile, I flew in winds of 16.2 mph with 22.6 mph gusts during the flights. I've since flown in much higher winds.

Additionally, I couldn't (didn't want to try) to land directly on the rock where I launched, so I hand-caught it. I hand-catch quite a bit, but I usually am able to move myself to the drone. On a boulder, I couldn't move. With the winds (blowing the aircraft and myself [while wearing drone backpack]), I had to navigate it to within reach. I did this for two flights. It was definitely challenging!

It's official...I passed the FAA Remote Pilot Certification and now have a remote pilot license with a sUAS rating! (sUAS = small Unmanned Aerial Systems). With this Part 107 certification, I can now legally fly commercial operations.

The test was not a "walk in the park". It had some involved questions, but I passed with a 90% score, after studying for the past month.

So, if anyone is in need of any drone services, hit me up! :)

I2NuG0G.png

It's official...I passed the FAA Remote Pilot Certification and now have a remote pilot license with a sUAS rating! (sUAS = small Unmanned Aerial Systems). With this Part 107 certification, I can now legally fly commercial operations.

The test was not a "walk in the park". It had some involved questions, but I passed with a 90% score, after studying for the past month.

I2NuG0G.png
Excellent job Les!

I2NuG0G.png
Congratulations!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I did a short 1.6 km hike to Heart Rock Falls recently (near Crestline, CA).

From the trailhead (Seeley Creek Trail), the hike is about 1 km and descends 60 meters from the trailhead. The heart-shaped pool was carved by a waterfall. When the creek is flowing, this is a small 6-meter waterfall. Unfortunately, during the current drought conditions, the creek is not flowing. The heart is large enough for two adults to fit in, one in each half.

By the way, my other videos are on my YouTube channel via the following link, where I highly recommend that you subscribe to automatically be notified of any new videos that I publish: HB Aeronautical.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie