Phantom Pilots of Southern California

Santa Clarita area Phantom and Solo pilot. Willing to meet up. Some good places to fly here.

I added you on facebook. Let's plan a meet up with all phantom pilot. I fly warbird planes too so potentially we can produce some cool footage

Santa Clarita area Phantom and Solo pilot. Willing to meet up. Some good places to fly here.
I work in Santa Clarita and I have been looking for places to fly. I would be interested in a meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm located in Orange, CA. I found this school/park in Anaheim that I've been flying at. It's just a field for running laps but its large enough to just go back and forth and get some practice flying in without anyone bothering you. There is a small airport nearby so I haven't gone up over 60 ft. I would definitely like to start flying in some different areas though.

Isnt that Sweet!!! Two of my friends (Catfish80)(David Tolsky) meeting up!!!! I guess you can throw me in the loop too

Anyone have any tips for good locations in Ventura County? Thanks In Advance! :)

Please include me for the next meet.

So I have flown around Newport & Laguna Beach a few times in the past few weeks. It seems like every time I go up I get attacked by seagulls. Anyone else experience this or got any realistic ideas to keep them away from me while in the air?

So I have flown around Newport & Laguna Beach a few times in the past few weeks. It seems like every time I go up I get attacked by seagulls. Anyone else experience this or got any realistic ideas to keep them away from me while in the air?

I fly those areas too. When I get attacked I try to avoid those areas in the future, as I'm obviously near their nests. They're very territorial and don't wander very far. I also notice the attacks occur more in the spring time, during nesting months. Winter months it's much less, so I prefer to fly those areas after October, as there are less people also, better parking space.

Just remember if you're attacked the best evasion is full power straight up ascend about 100' higher, then scram. They can't keep up with your 11mph ascend speed, this gives you time to safely go elsewhere.

It seems like every time I go up I get attacked by seagulls. Anyone else experience this..

I am beginning to think it is a Southern California seagull issue. I've had them follow me while off the coast. Watch this one try to hunt me down while high tailing it out backwards (0:33)

I'm gonna be in the Carson/Long Beach area this coming weekend. Any good places to fly in the vicinity?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl