Phantom Pilots of Southern California

C-Mac13 said:
Santa Ana, Ca here. Greetings all.

wow, more OC flyers......Irvine here waiting delivery of the P2V+ I ordered yesterday......first flying machine of any type for this newbie. Let me know when you go flying if it's ok to come along to just watch and learn. Steep learning curve ahead for me!

RedRyderMedia said:
C-Mac13 said:

wow, more OC flyers......Irvine here waiting delivery of the P2V+ I ordered yesterday......first flying machine of any type for this newbie. Let me know when you go flying if it's ok to come along to just watch and learn. Steep learning curve ahead for me!

The south OC guys need to set a time and place to meet. I'm out for this weekend, but most others I'm free

SilentAV8R said:
RedRyderMedia said:
C-Mac13 said:

The south OC guys need to set a time and place to meet. I'm out for this weekend, but most others I'm free

I'm interested. The following weekend is Easter.....I'm available most days, but the 26th is the first Saturday.

neve12more said:
Newbie in Irvine. Ordered the P2V+ a few days ago. Patiently waiting shipment :D

I would def be interested in meeting up some weekend!

Well, that makes two newbies in Irvine waiting for P2V+ to arrive once DJI ships the first ones out! Northwood here!

I'm in the Loma Linda area, just bought the fc40, if anyone knows of a place to fly or groups that get together that's near this area, please let me know. Thanks!

Count me in!! Laguna Niguel.

I've gotten together with Eroomomni and one other guy. We had a blast. We south Orange County guys need to coordinate another day when more of us can gather. Need to think of a good place too.

Don the builder from Long Beach/Cerritos area am looking to meet up mid May?

iz4aa1.jpg

Don the Builder, great pic. I'm in Los Altos, Long Beach. I just got back from Marine Stadium early this morning. Super clear with 12-13 mph winds. Plotted a nice 3 waypoint course via Ground Station. Flawless flight and captured some nice views. Just need some time to edit...

eckoner said:
I look forward to seeing any of you who show up on Sunday at the Airfield.

Where's the meetup?

Still good?:

"In the Los Angeles Area Aerialmatrix will be hosting UAV pilots to join us for some flying, selling and buying and good old conversation.

Where:: Woodley Park Apollo XI Model Aircraft Field
6201 Woodley Ave, Encino, California 91436

Starting Sunday April 6th and every first Sunday of the month going forward.
12:00 NOON"

Here from iowa looking for some places to fly. Got up early and got some great Malibu footage. If someone would like to meet up this weekend it would be fun to see what you guys do with your quads. I have phantom 2 with go pro 3+. Im staying close to your airfield you have mentioned.

I went to fly there a few times:
Woodley Park Apollo XI Model Aircraft Field 6201 Woodley Ave, Encino, California 91436

The place is OK but you have to watch out for the aircrafts and you're near the helicopters. The 5th time one told me to fly towards the corner, near the trees.... A bit annoying.

Well, I found a great place. If you have FPV, there's nice videos to do of the Ballona Freshwater Marsh or just practice in the field which length is around 1 mile diagonal. There's a sign saying not to enter but there are trails and no-one. I saw one man walking his dog. That's all. The trail on the map, along the marsh is a bit elevated. So you can pilot from there or from the field.

Ballona Westlands:
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9686202 ... 343853,17z

South part of Jefferson Blvd, East of the intersection Culver Blvd and Jefferson, West of Lincoln Blvd.
Look for the No Parking signs, there's a part where it's OK to park. Let me know.

Redlands CA here. I lost my Phantom today flying in Redlands this morning when I bumped into 4 coyotes. They didnt attack me but I had to get the pepper spray out just in case when they snapped at me. Meanwhile I was trying to keep an eye on the Phantom and out of battery, the Phantom never returned. It may have flown out of range. I searched the block of homes where I saw it go down but no luck. The backyards have steep terraces and one has a big overgrown back lot. I need another Phantom to take a look from above if your're willing. I can pay you for your time. It may be in the top of tall hedges or a tree even. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers