Phantom Pilots Meetup Saint Lucie Florida 8/3

I wish I had known about this. I have been hanging out in the Facebook groups, and missed this if it was there.

I want to be at the next one!

Jayson, did anyone try to exactly replicate any of your long range flights with their stock Phantom? I'd like to compare to see if you are in a sweet area or your Phantom is just exceptionally "hooked together".

Hey Bob.. yeah I posted this event in the Phantom facebook groups a couple of times last week..

I do not think the areas that I fly in has had much relevance over all.. I've flown over a mile from in front of my house many times as well as 2x at this field yesterday (comparison being that one has heavy WIFI/RF interference, and the other has near zero).. It just seems that my phantom has things inside working very well together (electrical tolerances or tuning), AND/OR I just do a good job with adjusting my antenna orientation as I'm flying.

I learned rather conclusively yesterday that the further I slide my phone away from the control antenna, I was able to go further (as opposed to centering the phone in the clamp, I slide it further and further to the left each time I got the lost control message.. and was able to regain control, and continue flying away)

I have seen other people post on here and on FB saying that they get similar distance results (again, with no modifications and no app)..

I wonder how Chuck found this place?

Even though he crashed and broke my old AR2, Jayden was in good spirits! (the AR will fly again soon..)

Attachments

• milestone!.JPG
    milestone!.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 630
  • ta-dah.JPG
    ta-dah.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 560
BobUnplugged said:
I wish I had known about this. I have been hanging out in the Facebook groups, and missed this if it was there.

I want to be at the next one!

Send me a PM with your email info and I will be sure to include you in the next swarm... If you are close by I can send you notifications even when it will just be a couple of us down there... we go all the time on Sundays... early starters... 6:00 am for FPV clarity and low wind conditions...

Thanks for the Video clips Jayson... sure is cool that somebody was documenting some of this stuff... can't rely on me to press the friggin record button I guess :lol:

Got a new thread going here with more discussion ... hoping that more P2V+ members will see and join in on the next one...

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22143

Will be there again on Sunday. Chuck, I am unable to reply to your PM for it states that I have not participated enough. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers