Phantom Pilots Meetup Saint Lucie Florida 8/3

DBS

Reaction score
TREASURE COAST PHANTOM'S SWARM 2014

Anybody interested? Trying to get some folks together and have some fun flying and talking Phantom ... date is Sunday August 3rd starting at 6am until people run out of batteries or get sick of eachother :lol:

Place... Allapattah Flats K8 (shows up on Google maps search) Port St. Lucie Florida
West end of NW Milestone Place
X MARKS THE SPOT
1405867975_picsay-1405867975_zpsy4gub0r8.jpg

Super place to fly and stretch out your quad without any limits... no trees... no wires... no problems

We've already got some regulars and there are fixed wing flyers who show up around 7:30am ... they get along with the quad flyers really well and don't mind showing off for the V+ video cameras.

Might post this on RC Groups and turn it into a quad thing instead of just a Phantom thing.

I will keep bumping this thread for visibility so any pilots nearby will see it if possible...

Hope to see a few fellow flyers and share stories and mods ... and bring your other toys!!! (miles of asphalt for wheeled rc vehicles and several ponds for boaters)

SEE YOU THERE!!!

.....................................................................................................................................................................................

QUESTIONS

Why so early?

early start time is set for optimum wind conditions... we know the Phantom can handle windy days but there ain't nuthin like flying out in wide open spaces in super calm conditions... and the views ... sunrise at Milestone Place is a different version of awesome every day

DJI00061_zpsxd6eaql0.jpg

Should we make it just one day? Maybe more guys together at the same time if we just pick one and stick with it?
if we do that ... I'm thinking Sunday.... that's when the fixed wing guys come out and it adds to the fun having all that hardware in the air

I'll wait and see if this develops into anything and make adjustments based on thread comments... (if this gets going at all... we'll see)

LOOKS LIKE SATURDAY IS OUT ... NOBODY REALLY RESPONDED FOR THAT DAY SO MIGHT AS WELL CALL IT A WRAP AND FOCUS ON SUNDAY ... SEE YOU THERE!!!

Re: Phantom Pilots Meetup Saint Lucie Florida 8/2 - 8/3

Having been to Milestone a couple of times there are very few places that afford this kind of unimpeded range.....I will absolutely be there!

Wow, that sounds like fun. I live in Vero Beach, and I'm always looking for new places to fly my vision. Maybe I'll go check it out on my lunch break sometime this week.

mede8er said:
Having been to Milestone a couple of times there are very few places that afford this kind of unimpeded range.....I will absolutely be there!

Right on bro... even if we have just a few of us down here taking turns on batteries it should be a good time...

Studmule said:
Wow, that sounds like fun. I live in Vero Beach, and I'm always looking for new places to fly my vision. Maybe I'll go check it out on my lunch break sometime this week.

Lemme know what you think... Vero is just a hop skip and jump away from here... get off 95 on the Midway exit and it's 5 minutes west on Glades cutoff.

C'Mon Jayson... "just do it" bro... After hanging out with you on line for a year and a half now it would be cool to finally shake hands and shoot the **** face to face :lol:

We got some pretty **** cheap motel rooms over here :ugeek:

If it helps ... there's a good chance we may have some of Garrock's new range extending hardware down here by then... that's not 100% yet but we were discussing it tonight and it's a "definite possibility".

Bump for a great location....a video from Milestone is special....can't wait to try out my new antennas...maybe 1.5 miles... :shock:

mede8er said:
Bump for a great location....a video from Milestone is special....can't wait to try out my new antennas...maybe 1.5 miles... :shock:

Bump again for visibility.... looks like this is gonna be less of a "swarm" and more of a "slight buzzing noise"... but hey ... even a few flyers is better than burning batteries on your own...

I'd love to see you get that mile and a half bro... I'll video the Phantom's flyout and return for posterity :mrgreen:

DBS said:
mede8er said:

Bump again for visibility.... looks like this is gonna be less of a "swarm" and more of a "slight buzzing noise"... but hey ... even a few flyers is better than burning batteries on your own...

I'd love to see you get that mile and a half bro... I'll video the Phantom's flyout and return for posterity :mrgreen:

Tomorrow morning dude.... :mrgreen:

Well, I only got 4750' this morning before RTH, but looking at my data it was user error, as I had wandered off course and was pointing my antennas about 30 degrees rt of my drone....gotta follow the road to keep my bearings at that distance...can't wait for next week....

Saturday doesn't look good, but definitely count me in for sunday!

Sean

mede8er said:
Well, I only got 4750' this morning before RTH, but looking at my data it was user error, as I had wandered off course and was pointing my antennas about 30 degrees rt of my drone....gotta follow the road to keep my bearings at that distance...can't wait for next week....

I think you have a good shot at it... good to see that RTH working so solid... comforting feeling right?

Studmule said:
Saturday doesn't look good, but definitely count me in for sunday!

Sean

Awesome... The more the merrier... Saturday looks to be a lost cause... Jayson Hanes wants to make it out that day but I'd hate to have him drive all that way just for a couple hours of flying ... :|

Jayson Hanes said:
okayyyyy... I'll come out for sunday morning.. I see that there are a bunch of hotels near that spot.. is that the EXACT location where you're planning to meet?

RIGHT ON JAY!!! Yes that is the exact spot... couldn't mark it any closer unless I break out the micrometer... looking forward to meeting you bro

And looking forward to meeting all who come out... getting down to the home stretch now... anybody else wanna join in? Tell your friends with other types of RC Vehicles to come along... miles of pavement and several ponds available with all this open sky... how bout somebody who can do a rocket launch? (always wanted to film that from a quad)

I'll try and keep this thread bumped in case any Floridians log in this week but help me keep it on the front page if you see me slippin :ugeek:

DBS said:
mede8er said:

I think you have a good shot at it... good to see that RTH working so solid... comforting feeling right?

Absolutely! For those of you who have never had to shut down your RC to get RTH after losing your connection here's the vid....after about a 30 second pause the bird will automatically turn around and slowly return to home. I'm sure I could have regained control at some point but I wanted to see the full RTH program in action.In this case the landing was within 10 feet of my home location and smooth as silk!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlN2AEU51tY[/youtube]

Jeezzz dude... I didn't realize how far away from the road you actually were... so yeah... that probably did it with that panel being so directional.... anyway we'll get you out farther than that on Sunday bro...

Go Big or Return To Home :ugeek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4