Phantom phly away phuck

Reaction score
I was flying my phantom and while it was flying I was getting yellow and red alternating lights . The phantom was drifting and would not hold its position . Eventually it began to rise and drift off into a little speck in the sky . I have located my phantom it's in a tall tree . What went wrong ?

Edit : Before take off I I had it in GPS mode and spun it around on the ground vertically and horizontally . I even circled a magnet around the compass on the leg too .

jaysan said:
Edit : Before take off I I had it in GPS mode and spun it around on the ground vertically and horizontally . I even circled a magnet around the compass on the leg too .
Really? You held a magnet by the compass sensor in the field? That's absolutely the last thing you should do.

Guess what red/yellow flashes signify: "Compass error too big".

Yeah I read that some where and I thought that's what I was supposed to do . Well what should I do now y'all ?

jaysan said:
Yeah I read that some where and I thought that's what I was supposed to do . Well what should I do now y'all ?

Ops! Magnets and Phantoms are not friends, but nether are Collin Ginn and DJI. I did happen to find this video I think this will help.

http://youtu.be/kCT1rRE_UIg

From what I have read....waving the magnet around the compass messes it up prior to calibration. Don't know if your supposed to do it before every calibration or if they just did it to show you that the compass is not working right because of the magnet....but if you did that and then didn't recalibrate the compass then that would be your problem

Ever seen a squirrel run up a tree that's being chased by a dog ? I found a dog and began taunting it . I had enough speed to run up the tree and get it . My gf was on the ground with a bed sheet to catch my phantom

Oh, caught something on the video, I was switching all the way from GPS to manual, not sure if that matters on the P2?

Once we calibrate the compass at the field, should we turn the P2 battery off and back on again?

Navman said:
Oh, caught something on the video, I was switching all the way from GPS to manual, not sure if that matters on the P2?

Once we calibrate the compass at the field, should we turn the P2 battery off and back on again?

To calibrate the compass in the field:
Turn on your controller (TX)
Turn on your Phantom
Flick the right hand switch from the up position to the down position 5 times or more (finishing in the up position) until you see solid yellow lights.
Rotate the Phantom around it's horizontal axis until you get a solid green light. Then point the nose down, and rotate it on it's vertical axis until the green goes out.
Set it down and wait for slow green flashing lights, indicating 6+ satellites and home lock.
You are then ready to start the motors and take off.

20140606_090906_zps6d1fd9c4.jpg

During hovering it kinda twitches . It's kinda hard to see in the video .

Edit : What should I do while it's hooked up to the computer to see if anything is off ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav