Phantom Parameters fo Naza M V2?

Reaction score
I just gave my Phantom 2 NV a brain transplant so I can use a PPM receiver: I replaced the Phantom Controller with the full Naza M V2. When I import the "Phantom Default Configuration" into the controller, nothing at all changes: all the parameters stay on the Naza defaults. So that makes me worried that the import isn't working even though it reports success. I have the gains noted down from the Phantom controller, but I'd really like to bring in the other default parameters like C of G offsets.

Has anyone else upgraded to Naza? Any luck with the parameter import? Better yet, does anyone have the right set of parameters for the Phantom that I can just dial in?

Thanks!

The only thing I can add is that you have to hit enter after any parameter change. If the letters are RED the change did not take effect. This might be the case on the older software that I use.

Yes, I noticed that. The trouble is that the parameter import just didn't seem to change any settings in the assistant so there was nothing to write. No matter, I measured the CG offsets for the GPS and took an educated guess at the gains. First time out I had forgotten to reverse the elevator and throttle channels so the motors wouldn't arm. Once I fixed that I took it for a spin and it worked great! Everything was pretty much spot on except for the vertical gain which I think I will need to crank up a bit (it was a bit sluggish on take off).

Very happy camper here: I now have a UHF command link on my Phantom (EzUHF) so that I should get some foliage penetration to control it behind trees. Now to get the 900MHz video Tx hooked up :)

I'm about to do a similar mod with ezUHF and a Tiny Telemetry + IRC 600mw VTX (used only for telemetry) so I can track the Phantom with a small ezTracker. I've already replaced the internal GPS on the Phantom with a NAZA "lite" GPS (same exact NEO-6M), but since it's mounted on the top of the Phantom along with the integrated compass, it's clear of a lot more interference and locks are fast and tight now.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the better GPS locks and lack of imposed limits in the FC much much more. I've never been happier with my Phantom, and in fact I'm so pleased, I'm going to transplant a NAZA M into my Tali H500.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31