Phantom P3 not fit for purpose.

Why would active braking put stress on the rear arms? In most cases, people are flying forward. When active braking kicks in, it will increase the torque on the front motors to pitch backward and stop.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding DJI's use of the term "active braking". Does this refer to the ESC actively braking the motors to slow them down as it does in the DIY world with BLHeli/Simonk esc firmware? I had just assumed they used it to mean how aggressively the copter tries to stop from fast flight.
The rear arms have more stress on them because most people indeed fly forward which puts more stress on the rear arms every time you accelerate.

A considerable amount. I have met three other P3 pilots in the UK and all have stress fractures. All under a year old.

The fact DJI fail to cover the shell via warranty is in my opinion proof they know it's not up to the job.

Not good enough!!
In fact, they do cover it under waranty. They will send you shipping labels to return it and they will replace your shell. IN some cases, I have heard of them replacing the whole aircraft for you. So yes, they are standing by their work. Contact them directly.

In fact, they do cover it under waranty. They will send you shipping labels to return it and they will replace your shell. IN some cases, I have heard of them replacing the whole aircraft for you. So yes, they are standing by their work. Contact them directly.

Think your missing the point. The warranty process can be very hit and miss, incurs potential cost to the owner and at the least waisted time waiting on a repair/replacement. I believe this could be a very easy fix with a small modification on the shell. I'm glad forums like this give the chance for owners to discuss issues to others who may not be aware - if this post saves one phantom from failing in flight due to a pilot checking for cracks that wouldn't have otherwise, well worth the effort.

Come on DJI, bring out the "b" spec chassis and show consumers you think we're worth it!

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Given the amount of responses generated, I'd say the majority of people understand what I'm trying to get across. If you'd like to tell which part you don't I'd be happy to translate.

Personally, I think you need your IMU re-calibrated.
[emoji38] next time in Aus mate come and give it a shot. I was making a joke.

Mine (thankfully) is showing no sign of fractures. I have 19 hours and 120+ flights, pre ordered P3 (I guess this means it was produced earlier than some others)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl