Phantom P3 Advanced Camera Issues

Reaction score
On my first flight of the Phantom P3 Advanced, I decided to try out the camera so I took a couple short movies. When I played them back, the the movies had lines in parts of the movie. Any idea what could be causing this? Below are two different snapshots, one from each of the two movies I took.
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

First, are the movies you are looking at those stored on the tablet or from the SD card? If you are looking at the SD card, also make sure that you have a suitable adapter to plug the card into your computer. I was using a cheap one that came with my Syma X and connected through the USB port and kept getting a variety of errors. Switched to the adapter that usually comes with with the card an no problems. If everything is up to speed and you have this problem in the videos stored on the card, then that would seem to point to a camera problem. If you are looking at the field stored by the app on the tablet, first remember that those are lower resolution images. If those are the files you are looking at, could be nothing more than a weak transmission link. Could come from a number of things like local interference, obstacles blocking the LOS or just being too far away. And did you take any stills? Do they show similar problems. Need a bit more info to know where to look.

Since this was my first flight and still not sure how to use the camera recording feature, I only got the 2 short, I mean short, videos. There are no still pictures. I received a 16gb card when I bought the P3 and it was already installed in the P3. I did not find an adapter in the box. I have two adapters here and tried both of them with the same affect on the videos I took. The P3 came with a 16gb San Disk card but I bought a 64gb Samsung card and was using that. The videos stored on the iPad I was using do not have the lines in them. The next time I fly and who knows when that will be here in Northern Oho, I am going to try the 16gb card that came with the unit and see if it makes a difference. I hope I answered all your questions. Being new at this is kind of overwhelming for my but that first flight was awesome compared to some of the cheaper quads I have flown. By the way, I had the system in beginner mode and I live in farm country where there are no tall buildings or transmission towers close by.

Right, no adapter comes with the phantom. Since the tablet videos look ok, problem is likely in the on board recording. If the adapter you are using is the type that hold the SD card and then go into the card slot on your computer you should be ok. Although not highly likely, the new card may not be fast enough to keep up with the camera. As you mentioned, try some more shots with the card that came with the bird. You don't need to wait for the weather to so operate. Take the props off and fire the bird up inside.you may or may not get enough satelites for good GPS, but it doesn't matter here. Just get everything linked up and shoot some footage of you kitchen or which ever room you are in. Try different recording lengths and capture some stills too. Then remove the card and look at the imagery on your computer. And what resolution were you shooting in? If 1080, can the video player on your computer handle it?

I once again attempted to take videos while the bird was on the table with no props attached. It could be that I have a faulty 64gb SD card, which is the one I purchased separately. My first indication was that while trying to format the SD card through the DJI app, I received an SD Card Format Timeout. It took a couple of tries to finally get it to format. Next, while trying to record videos, the recordings would turn off by themselves after 20 to 30 seconds, which makes sense now as I couldn't figure out why when I was flying it outside that the videos were no longer as I know that I didn't take just short clips. The video recording was turning off. Also, while on the table, I took several videos and I noticed tiling in one of them.

Using the 16gb SD card that came with the P3, I had no issues. I took a 7 minute video, had no tiling and the recording did not turn off on it's own.

Thanks for everyone's help. I love this forum and I love my P3. Can't wait for this weather to straighten out so I can fly some more.

Confirmed, it was a bad SD card. I took several videos and snapshots today while flying and there wasn't a flaw in them. I used the 16gb card that came with the P3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan