Phantom P2V+ motherboard questions

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Last week we busted the gimbal and camera so I picked up one of the aftermarket gimbles for a gopro mounting option. I have two mods in mind but can't seem to find a motherboard schematic to verify that they will work.

1) Originally I was going to use my wireless FPV gopro board + my FPV goggles for this but in looking at the motherboard I see two wires on the gimbal ribbon that terminate in blocks labelled 'CAM'. Are these Signal and Ground for video input? If so, can I use my gopro video/ground cable to run my video through the drones native video inputs (and thus get OSD etc)?

cyPuBPD.jpg

2) Is there a known place to tap the switched 12v power the gimbal needs on the top of the motherboard or do I need to pull it entirely and go beneath to hit the primary inputs? Happy to do that but it was just one more thing to do. I imagine somewhere on the gimbal ribbon cable this is present but I've been unable to find it.

All would be resolvable with a proper schematic so I'd love a pointer to that if anyone has access..

Worse case I'll break out the multi-meter and go through them one by one, was hoping for a shortcut.
Tx!

Hello,
Maybe I can shed a bit of light?:rolleyes:

Lol

Ok,
The CAM port.
The 2 wire you are seeing, are the communication wires ( telemetry in other words )
Ok, now moving from LEFT of the picture, heading RIGHT across CAM PORT.
#1 & #2 are the com ports ( communication )
#3 ( unused in picture ) is your NEGATIVE
#4 ( also unused in pic ) is your POSITIVE ( 11.1v )
Last 2, unsure, now I've also noticed on a few newer plus model phantoms, this 6 port plug has moved to an 8 port plug, but first 4 are still the same. Again not sure last 4 as I never tested them as they are never used.

So the Positive, and negative ports ( #3, & #4 ) is a great place to get power from ( same as vision non plus models , as they pull power from this point )

Now that port is a MOLEX 6 port plug,
Here is a schematic I drew with all part numbers needed, for header, connector and pins.
( in addition you'll need a crimping tool, I use ENGINEER pa-09 )
2D326A5E-0432-42A6-9DB7-3B485EBA036A_zpslzv03jwh.jpg

These numbers are for ( Digi-key ) circuitry supply house.
You might be able to use the plug already there, and just add your power and ground pins to it. Parts are very cheap. Hope this helps, as for GoPro and all that, I never messed with them, so I cannot be much help hooking one up. Sorry.

J Dot
:cool:

Wow, awesome submission, thanks JD! This is very helpful and will get me powered up and at least running with FPV.

I'll save my 'replace the built-in video' feed for another day and get flying again this weekend.

Thanks again for this diagram/parts details. Amazing that you had that on hand!
John-

My pleasure,
That is actually a part of a slow yaw mod I did, for a buddy, who has a P3s, and wanted a slower yaw! Tons of research! But we won't go there! Lol.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted on your build! I'm interested to see what you end up doing ultimately! Take care, and pleasant evening!

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj