Phantom over water (loss control) just hovered then splash

Reaction score
So I had to watch as two days ago my friend took our phantom over a big lake. I was flying my cinestar at the time and was'nt paying attention to what he was doing. Anyway he said before take-off it had 4 red light flashing some sort of error code? i know 3 lights is bad gps signal but four lights flashing for about 2 minutes(hmm) I told him to cycle the heli (turn it off and on again) but he didnt because it turned green and did the home sequence light. So he took off about 1 min later it was stuck over the middle of the lake with no input for from the controller just hovered there. I quickly landed my cinestar and ran over to see what happened. I took over control. Yep nothing no stick control at all not even gas. I didnt want to turn off controller as it was over the water and if i gained control I at least i would i have some chance of returning it to safety. Then we just watched it ran out of battery and splash down over the lake. Lucky for us it floated enough for us to get a boat and return it. Took it back home took everything apart and dried it out sprayed it wd40 for good luck. But the phantom is dead got the magic white smoke treatment on all four of the motor controller. Dried out the go-pro and lucky it turned back on to my surprise and the fpv stuff still worked.

Anyone know what happened? I was using a dx6i with the ar6210 so I know it is a good radio system, just sucks to have hover over the lake with no chance of even catching the **** thing lol.

Re: Phantom over water (loss control) just hovered then spla

There are some really good posts on here regarding loss of control. In some cases, switching from GPS mode to ATTI mode works. As a last resort, turning off the controller is the right call. However, making sure your compass is calibrated and that you have adequate satellite locks before taking off is necessary before the "come home" feature can work.

Sorry to hear you got wet.

Trust me I had the gps calibrated other wise it wouldnt off go into the gps green light come flashing. just had the wierd red flashing lights in gps mode on power up!

I tried all my switches to get it home switching from GPS mode to ATTI mode didnt work for me it was that the thing i tried. back in gps mode flick the come home nothing. I thing i could off tried is to kill the motors and try as fast i could to re start them before it went in the water but it would have to be at least 30m or so it was stuck hovering at 20m so that was not a option! :cry:

new to phantom world. need help with phantom 2 and AR6210 install. Can anyone help?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub