Phantom on WOOT

Reaction score
WOOT has phantoms and batteries on sale today. Batteries are retIl but a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse is 809.00

$258.00 list price for a P2 battery?? Where are they getting their MSRP prices? They're $129 even on DJI's website.

Does anybody actually hold their joysticks like the guy in the pic on woot? Like they are nipples?

I have my thumbs on the razor sharp tops of the control sticks. Like a man! :lol:

HoverMan said:
Does anybody actually hold their joysticks like the guy in the pic on woot? Like they are nipples?

I have my thumbs on the razor sharp tops of the control sticks. Like a man! :lol:

You know... I thought the exact same thing when I saw that! LOL!

all the uber-pros say the nipple way is better, more precise. I also just thumb the sticks like an xbox gamer :)

+1 to nippling. :lol:

I wanna replace my sticks with shorter ones though, then I'll feel better with my thumbs.

ProfessorStein said:
HoverMan said:

You know... I thought the exact same thing when I saw that! LOL!

Wonder if DSLR has some $300 nipple simulator aftermarket controller insert thingy's?

The nipple method is titillating. lol

So, why do the sticks have that serrated razor pattern on the .. tips? If you notice, even the gimbal axis has a plastic serrated texture. Odd.

ribbed for your pleasure

I've been watching the current Woot / DJI deal since it started and with the recent price reductions, the ONLY Woot that appears to be a deal is the Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal since it claims to come with 2 Lipo batteries instead of everybody else's single battery. The biggest downside to Woot is that I get charged for $5 for shipping and around $50 for sales tax which negates almost half of the price of the second battery.

What does everybody else think, is that the way that you see it as well? Does anyone know of any better deals for the Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal, also considering that I will upgrading to FPV soon after?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
-Stach

Your right, on the specs page it shows 2 batteries in the box. It is not in the headlines like it is on the Vision and Vision Plus (specifically calling out the extra battery)

wonder if its legit or its a typo

Reactions: LamboH
OTCAuctions said:
wonder if its legit or its a typo

That's my big fear, if it only comes with one I would be pissed, as I would order from any of the other places that have free shipping and no tax. I'm not sure that I want to take the risk as I doubt that it will actually come with 2 since every other place only includes 1 battery in that package.

additional reading makes me think they are serious

WOOT is owned by Amazon, adn 5.00 shipping for everything

Thinking of making the buy. wish I could sell my phantom 1.1.1

•This bundle includes TWO 5200 mAh slot-in batteries
•A 5200 mAh battery slots into the "tail" of the Phantom 2 and enables up to 22 minutes of flying time

Woot is legit. I know the co-founder. Yes, they were acquired by Amazon and their stuff is usually a good deal. If you liked the original woot.com you should check out his new baby Meh.com. $5 shipping is great but also kinda slow.

I have no doubts that Woot is legit and I'm very comfortable ordering from them, I just don't fully trust that I will get 2 batteries if I order the Phantom 2 with H3-3D as I think it may be a copy and paste error from the other models that do typically include 2 batteries (which this one typically does not).

Do you think if I ordered and kept a copy of the webpage that they would follow through (since it's basically Amazon) and send a 2nd battery if it only had one when I receive it?

I've never seen a DJI model that came with two batteries... except for bundles that come from dealers/integrators... so I doubt it's a copy/paste error. Whether it's a typo, though, is another question.

Doesn't woot have a customer service number you can call, or an email address you can email, or an online chat system? I've ordered from them a lot, and it seems to me I remember having to talk to them pre-sale, once, and they were very responsive. That was pre-Amazon, too.

I even got my refurb Dyson DC33 from woot and it was great. Still sucks up all my dogs fur perfectly.

Professor, see avatar regarding nipple style. I'm starting a movement! lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie