Phantom on decent

Reaction score
G'day all Phanton fans.A couple of flight ago I was on decent when thing got really wobbly.I believe my decent was to fast & the motors at low power didn't have the authority to correct the model in time & it went out of control.now I never descend faster than half down stick or decend in a forward flight routine.Be carefully.

Welcome to the forum. Thank you. This however is a well known condition called Vortex Ring State (VRS), where you are descending into your own disturbed air created by your own down draft. There are very many post here about the condition and how to recover from such a state. It is the cause of many crashes and is classed as ' pilot error'. Not very comforting I know.

The forum search function is not great but if you use Google it is much better. In the Google search bar enter 'site:phantompilots.com Vortex Ring State VRS' This will give you all the results you need, from this forum only, to understand the condition and read other peoples experiences.

The latest firmware from DJI also limits the maximum speed of descent which will minimize the risk of falling out of the sky.

Stay safe, understand...and have fun!

I've experienced this but didn't know it was the VRS I've heard about. I thought it was just the Phantom struggling to control it's decent. Now I'll be doing some Googling!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub