Phantom on a plane

Reaction score
Hi,

Traveling from California to Kansas City this weekend, and taking my 2V+ along. Initially had planned on emptying out my Pelican 1510 and putting it in there, but it won't fit.

Looks like I will probably carry it aboard in the original box.

I'm taking 2 LiPo batteries with me.

Curious to know if others have done this, and if you've run into trouble with the mouthbreathers at the TSA?

Traveling from California to Kansas City this weekend, and taking my 2V+ along. Initially had planned on emptying out my Pelican 1510 and putting it in there, but it won't fit.
Looks like I will probably carry it aboard in the original box.
I'm taking 2 LiPo batteries with me.

I would run out and get one of the many crush proof cases for your phantom and check it as baggage. It is probably too big to carry-on anyway. If it won't fit on any of the individual legs of your trip, your phantom could easily be confiscated and become gone. Particularly inconvenient if you are part way through your trip. I doubt RTH will be helpful. At a minimum with checked baggage there is an implied effort to get your bag to the destination. You also could ship the bird to your destination using UPS, Fedex or any carrier you choose.

Its prohibited to check in battery's in your baggage. due to explosion danger caused by pressure shifts. It must be in your hand luggage ! check that with the airline pls.

I've been thru TSA 8 times and not even a question. I use the box it came in which is in a big canvass bag. 2 more batteries in my carry on bag. Not even a peep from TSA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik