Phantom on a Cruise Ship

UPDATE: I managed to get my Phantom 2 and gear on board the Norwegian Breakaway ship last week cruising to Bermuda. No problems at all. I had a backpack that fit everything within it. After videoing at two locations, I was apprehensive about returning back to the ship and having the backpack scanned and forced to reveal the contents of the bag. No problem again. They were just looking for liquor bottles...

Anyway here is a video I took in Bermuda. Enjoy!

=========================
My Bermuda video!
Created this on my cruise to Bermuda last week.
I envisioned flying my quad here as I have visited Bermuda before and figured this would be a way cool place to fly.
I asked the Lighthouse Keeper if I could do a flight around the lighthouse and amazingly (and thankfully!), he agreed. Score!

I was so excited to have this opportunity to do so I forgot to set the correct video capture setting - so its set to 720 120fps setting instead of 2.7k 30fps I was going to use. Also, my flight plan was a little out the door here so its a tad newbie-ish! (pan, pan..tilt, tilt!) I am at the top of the lighthouse, btw....

After the flight, as I was packing away my gear, the lighthouse proprietor handed me a cordless phone. It was the Bermuda FAA! Guy was polite on the other end but gave me a verbal 'Cease and Desist' order. Yikes! I apologized and assured him that no commercial aspect or motive was behind the flight - purely recreational. He was cool about it but did emphasize I had to stop. Ok then!

As usual, YouTube compresses the **** out of the quality. But still good...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJiAxoavNvg[/youtube]

Check out this pretty cool video of a ship launching covered with a DJI Phantom:

(Full HD + Full screen = full effect :) )

I will be going on a "Back 2 Back"- cruise (two cruises after each other on the same ship) in jan - feb with Royal Caribbean, I have got a premisson to bring my Phantom 2 from the cruiseline. But I need to hand in the Phantom during the cruise and can only take it with me when I leave the ship when we are in port.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj