Phantom of the night (spotlight!)

Reaction score
Did some experimenting with the new Phantom. I zip-tied my 600 lumen bike light to the leg of my quad and took it for some late night flights in an open field. The light is very bright and puts down a nice circular spot on the ground. As the Phantom floated above the ground it reminded me of something out of a Terminator movie. Probably freaked some of the local residents out. One guy pulled his car over to take a look. ;)

Aside from scaring people, my goal was to capture some coyotes I heard howling in the field the night before. Unfortunately I never captured the coyotes (the sound of the quad probably scared them) but it was still fun (and spooky) to fly at night. A little dangerous too since the camera is not pointed in the velocity vector. Now if I can just think of some other uses for this setup that do not involve pranks. :)

Photo-op near the beach:
phantom_spotlight.jpg

View out of my Boscam RX-5802 monitor. Nothing too interesting, just a demonstration of spotlight:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-evndtGRY[/youtube]

Pretty cool, there was a guy that was interested in photographing at night.

Did some experimenting with the new Phantom. I zip-tied my 600 lumen bike light to the leg of my quad and took it for some late night flights in an open field. The light is very bright and puts down a nice circular spot on the ground. As the Phantom floated above the ground it reminded me of something out of a Terminator movie. Probably freaked some of the local residents out. One guy pulled his car over to take a look. ;)

Aside from scaring people, my goal was to capture some coyotes I heard howling in the field the night before. Unfortunately I never captured the coyotes (the sound of the quad probably scared them) but it was still fun (and spooky) to fly at night. A little dangerous too since the camera is not pointed in the velocity vector. Now if I can just think of some other uses for this setup that do not involve pranks. :)

Photo-op near the beach:
phantom_spotlight.jpg

View out of my Boscam RX-5802 monitor. Nothing too interesting, just a demonstration of spotlight:
[youtube]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great drone mounted lights; check also this one !
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.