Phantom not holding its position?

Reaction score
I had a couple of light crashes and had to calibrate the compass, now I see the Phantom not holding its position when I release the stick. Does it have to do with a bad compass? it simply goes down if I release, almost went into a swimming pool on my last flight :cry:

PhantomCompass.jpg

This might be an overkill, but you have to start somewhere in eliminating possible causes:
-Calibrate your Tx
-Calibrate your compass (outside)
-Run the advanced IMU calibration from the software.

It is a spring loaded throttle stick and I do use GPS mode.... The stick does go to the center if released, but the phantom dives if I release the stick. In fact, to bring it up higher when it falls it takes me pulling the stick all the way up, not normal. Since I use it for work ( photo+video ) I`m already ordering a second one as back up.

Here`s some screenshots so anyone can help find the culprit: any parameters not normal? please advice.

ltva.jpg

ehnv.jpg

xodf.jpg

ptsj.jpg

57tj.jpg

Receiver type *should* be set as PPM, not D-BUS.

You can also upgrade your NAZA assistant software which will then let you put the new 4.02 firmware on the NAZA. Just be sure to manually apply the phantom default settings file from the DJI website after you do the upgrade.

I had a similar issue with mine after I upgraded my gimbal mount. Turns out the gimbal was bouncing around and causing the motors to hunt while holding position. This caused the heli to move around. After I swapped the gimbal mounts the problem was 100% solved.

Check the balance on your props or if you have anything that is adding vibration, this will cause the problem you are seeing.

Dan

I flew today, everything back to normal for 3 mins, hover`s back and then back to bad compass signal. Checked the compass physically and noticed it took a direct hit on a past crash, so I ordered a few replacements ( yep, have a few of those handy for future issues ). I did change the Tx type in the software assistant, thanks for the info.

eyme.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers