Phantom newbie with some questions.

Reaction score
Hello guys.
My name is Paulo. I'm from Lisbon, Portugal. Nice to meet you all :)

I've been reading everything about Phantom pre-flight, first flight, etc...

I'm dealing with some issues:

1 - After I calibrate the Phantom and the RC on the software, the commands are "upside down". Meaning that in order to lift, I have to pull the controls down :( Even though the commands respond properly on the software.

2 - After I've calibrated successfully (I think), couldn't get out of the RC tab. It insisted that I had to "finish calibration". I do I "finish calibration", there?

3 - Another question, since I'm seeing too many different answers: do we have to do the compass calibration every time we start, or just one time (per day, for example)?

Thanks for your help.

Paulo

paulof said:
Hello guys.
My name is Paulo. I'm from Lisbon, Portugal. Nice to meet you all :)

I've been reading everything about Phantom pre-flight, first flight, etc...

I'm dealing with some issues:

1 - After I calibrate the Phantom and the RC on the software, the commands are "upside down". Meaning that in order to lift, I have to pull the controls down :( Even though the commands respond properly on the software.

2 - After I've calibrated successfully (I think), couldn't get out of the RC tab. It insisted that I had to "finish calibration". I do I "finish calibration", there?

3 - Another question, since I'm seeing too many different answers: do we have to do the compass calibration every time we start, or just one time (per day, for example)?

Thanks for your help.

Paulo

Hello Paulo and welcome to the forums.

Not sure what Phantom version you do have but I will try to help anyway.

1- Right there on the NAZA software there is a function to reverse the levers, not a problem t all,

2- Not sure what calibration you are talking about, but seems like you are calibrating the IMU's? if you do go for the advance calibration they take some time.

3- The compass calibration is only needed when either the phantom is asking you to do it or when you change regions, as a precautionary measure some people does the calibration more often. Although I do not see the need t do it every day on every flight it does not hurt to do it either, so this is up to you.

Enjoy!

Hi amrflyingdude.

Thanks for your help.

I have the first Phantom.

1 - Great

2- I'm on the Software calibration. The one that we install and calibrate for the first time.

When I go to the RC tab, I can calibrate all the "joysticks", calibrate them in the midle, etc.
When I finish, I can't get out of the RC mode, to go to some other tab. It insists that I'm not finished.

3 - Great.

Thanks again. I will try to make a little video when I try to calibrate again.

paulof said:
Hi amrflyingdude.

Thanks for your help.

I have the first Phantom.

1 - Great

2- I'm on the Software calibration. The one that we install and calibrate for the first time.

When I go to the RC tab, I can calibrate all the "joysticks", calibrate them in the midle, etc.
When I finish, I can't get out of the RC mode, to go to some other tab. It insists that I'm not finished.

3 - Great.

Thanks again. I will try to make a little video when I try to calibrate again.

When you go to calibrate the transmitter (joystick) you have to press where it says "start" and move al the way in all directions the 2 sticks. the click "Finish" is the same button as"star" but will read finish now.

Is this what you are referring to?

That's exactly it.

And after I do that and try to go away from the RC tab for another tab, above, doesn't allow me, saying that I'm not finished yet.

On the RC tab, move your mouse cursor over the START button, the menu will pop up explaining how the stick movement, slider movement and the results of those. Make sure you have the directions correctly.
Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl