Phantom newb with ERROR 25 on first crash

Reaction score
Any other pilots with error 25 that could not get the "brisk tap" to fix their errors? I had a small crash on my third flight with the phantom. Afterwards I got the R-G-Y LED. Took it home hooked it up to the pc software and got error 25. It will not calibrate. Took it all apart, took the NAZA unit out and gave it a few smacks. First in the opposite direction of the crash, then later downwards as DJI suggests. Still will not finish advanced calibration, seems to get stuck at about %95. All my values are ok apart from acceleration X and Y, they range from about -2.00 to 1.50 . Would like to hear if anything else has this issue and any possible fixes short of sending it back to the dealer/ DJI.

It all points to accelerometer being stuck. I have had this after a bad crash (tree top) and it did not work when doing the rap naza on table trick. John from Buzzflyer told me that they dont dismantle the phantom, just hold it level and hit the end of each arm, towards the center of the phantom, using a rubber mallet. I did that and it worked. Took several recalibrates and power cycles before it settled down though.

Thanks for the reply howardmaryon, I gave your suggestion a few tries. Still no luck. At certain times it seemed like the acceleration figures were getting better but still will not fully calibrate. At this point I am going to call my dealer and hopefully they will be able to do something.

Just to follow up, took it back to the shop I bought the Phantom from, which is a local camera store. They are going to send it to DJI , which coincidentally is just down the street from them. Was advised this could take a few weeks. Oh well, I had no other alternatives as they would not swap it out for a new one. Wish me luck.

i just got mine back from DJI, they are a little slow but they repaired my crash damage test flew it and sent it back. they did not charge me a thing. i had about 150 flights in before my crash. My phantom did not respond and dove into a roof of my house bounced off and then hit the ground.

DJI Customer Service gets a B+ in my book.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl