Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom motors spin backwards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kenskid, Dec 1, 2013.

1. kenskid

Hello,

Just finished installing AR8000 with spectrum AR8000 RX - All looks good after a few minor setbacks. However, when putting it all back together and after calibration, I see that all four motors are spinning backwards.

I did not change the motors or even take them out.

Did I put one of the Phantom connectors back in wrong? I did have to take the two connectors off the top of the naza. One is for the LED and the other for the GPS. I reconnected the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. kenskid

Hey thanks for the reply. I'll check that out but I don't think I messed up the cover orientation. When I took it apart, I didn't fully disconnect the cables on the top of the phantom. It was a tight workplace and Im pretty sure that top would only go on one way because of the short cables.

I'll check and let you know. I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

3. kenskid

DUDE! I didn't want to break down the Phantom again only to be wrong so I looked up some photos I had taken last week. Guess what? The decal locations in the photos are different than what I currently see on the Phantom. Got my tiny wrench and screwdriver in my hand.....I'll let you know!

You da man!!!1

4. SCADAMON

It is very easy to get the top back on 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise with out disconnecting the cables.

5. kenskid

Thanks all - I did have it at 90 degrees.

....now here comes the Big Hairy But.....but then when I tested, my right and left were mixed up.(opposite). My forward and backward were ok. I went back in to the assistant and just "reversed" the controls. Now it works right. However, I know that I must have something wrong. Reversing the controls just covers up the error, no?

Also, I can't seem to get the Phantom off of CL - course lock.

Sorry for the simple jargon....I don't know all the terms...but I can fly the hell out of the Phantom.