Phantom motor mount reinforcement plates.

Reaction score
Since DJI is not replying to my emails and I wouldn't send them my Phantom 3 until the say that they
have a new bottom she'll design that will prevent cracks I'm working on some reinforcement plates for the motor mounts of the Phantom 3.

Here is my progress.

bf78f4ef5b8f4a157993fea4c124ed06.jpg

9c1865c663e333f34f84bb2cde5bd57c.jpg

d1bdc42d6b461a8a2f12f434e69cbb3a.jpg

Reactions: atki
I'm not planing to sell them. They will be on thingiverse for you to download and print yourself.

Reactions: III% Streve
How about the two lower screws? Those are the ones that seems to crack most often.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Not to sure that will actually do any real supporting unless the raised shoulders that go in to the existing screw holes actually bottom out in the existing holes AND it is epoxied in place. But its nice to see someone helping the community rather than trying to profit from it!

Reactions: atki
Nice try but the UAVBits one has been tested and works great, also as mentioned you need to support the other 2 screws if you go ahead with this. At the moment you could but phantom guards and the detachable bracket would do the same thing.

I only have cracks on the motor mounts. That's why I'm only attaching it to the four screws.

Just finished the first test flight. Seems to behaving just as normal.

I had a crash yesterday due to a random / crazy fly away and if it wasn't for the UAV Bits Strongarm and Camera Guard I would have certainly lost the 4K camera and probably the landing gear. I also believe this also prevented the gymbal from separating.

To me the P3 out of the box is super fragile especially with the camera and the shell in terms of cracking.The reinforcements I just mentioned are relatively inexpensive and have already payed off for at least me.

I only have cracks on the motor mounts. That's why I'm only attaching it to the four screws.

Ok but for most the cracking is more prevalent in the recesses of the other 2 screws. None the less it's nice of you to put this out there for others.

I didn't do it for profit. You can DL the file and find someone local to print them. Plus, the 6 hole version need fitting test. I'll try to do it next week.

Reactions: atki and D4T_PoM
Thats looking good, will be interested to see how the fitting test goes.. now.. just gotta find someone in Australia with a printer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1