Phantom More Reliable Than Mavic?

Reaction score
I've been over on Mavic Pilots since the beginning and on here since shortly after the Mavic started shipping.. Is it just my imagination or does it seem like there are a lot more Mavics flying away than there are Phantoms?

Any ideas why? Or maybe you disagree?

I've been over on Mavic Pilots since the beginning and on here since shortly after the Mavic started shipping.. Is it just my imagination or does it seem like there are a lot more Mavics flying away than there are Phantoms?
Any ideas why? Or maybe you disagree?
I haven't been following the Mavics but you'd have to look at the individual incidents before drawing any conclusions.
Why are they "flying away"?
I would suspect that they aren't really flying away at all but are subject to the same kinds of user errors that cause people to claim that their Phantoms "flew away".
The usual causes are flying downwind up high in strong winds, screwing up compass calibration, flying behind obstacles etc.
The Mavic attracted a huge number of new flyers with no drone experience.
And just like Phantoms, the ease of use causes some to get too adventurous too early and fly beyond their abilities.

In most cases with lost Phantoms, it's proved to be the operator that wasn't so reliable rather than the aircraft and it's probably the same with the Mavic.

I haven't been following the Mavics but you'd have to look at the individual incidents before drawing any conclusions.
Why are they "flying away"?
I would suspect that they aren't really flying away at all but are subject to the same kinds of user errors that cause people to claim that their Phantoms "flew away".
The usual causes are flying downwind up high in strong winds, screwing up compass calibration, flying behind obstacles etc.
The Mavic attracted a huge number of new flyers with no drone experience.
And just like Phantoms, the ease of use causes some to get too adventurous too early and fly beyond their abilities.

In most cases with lost Phantoms, it's proved to be the operator that wasn't so reliable rather than the aircraft and it's probably the same with the Mavic.
I assumed that I wouldn't be the only one thinking the same. I am about to buy a Mavic and have been concerned about the Mavic malfunctioning and flying away but I too assume it must be because of people new to drones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31