Phantom mode and Flyaways - do they happen

JimDE said:
XL-Studios.... that is a serious antenna tower just off that property.... it might of been partially to blame as well as the low count in satellites.
Both my P2V+ and my previous P2V have been immune to this tower as you can see here: http://youtu.be/62hvCDQ5Lmo
My other fly-away due to <6 satellites and GPS-mode was on a location without cell-towers.

MikesTooLz said:
what about our statements made you think we didn't know the difference between home lock and return to home?

Well, he mentioned Home Lock and your reply was concerning RTH. He made no mention of RTH in his original post, and you made no reference to home lock in your answer. I don't know if you were confused, but a third party reading of the thread could easily have been. Dats all!! :D

darkoth23 said:
RTH without 6 sats = out of control. You could have switched to atti and back to gps to regain control and if the drone has 6 sats more more it will fly as normal if not it is in atti.
I switched from RTH to GPS but with less than 6 sats it was still just drifting! But a switch to ATTI gained control sadly it was already out of sight. Thanks good for FPV!

MikesTooLz said:
Just think about it, GPS normally defaults to 0.000Lat & 0.000Lon and updates to its current location once it gets a lock on enough satellites. If the phantom was to do this and remain in GPS mode the whole time trying to maintain its last location but thinking its current location is set to 0.000Lat/0.000Lon(middle of the atlantic ocean) it would then start flying off out of control just as it dose when its hovering and you physically pull the phantom out of its set location, it fights to go back to its last position.

It would be highly unlikely that DJI would store 0,0 as the current location if it has a location then its next location is some impossible delta away from the previous and SATs were < 6. They would leave it at the last known good position. And auto switch to atti. Then if it got SATs again, just consider that the new location. This whole business of 0,0 ain't happening I don't think. If it is and that's the bug then we are all f-ed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20