Phantom makes national news

"Anyone wanting to fly a manned or unmanned aircraft in U.S. airspace needs “some level” of authorization from the FAA"

do they?

Nope.

Hovtech said:
I wish this had been me. I wanted to go downtown and film Lollapalooza, but it would have been so hard to park.So someone did it for me. He didn't do anything illegal.

http://nbcchi.com/SKbd5Ne

I love the quote by the "experienced" Parrot AR Drone flier... "These are blades. These could take out someone's eye." Reminds me of... BB gun??? You'll take your eye out!!!" ;)

I certainly wouldn't fly a Parrot over a crowd. :roll:

-slinger

rrmccabe said:
don't you love it when even the authorities can't give out the right information to the media

gunslinger said:
I love the quote by the "experienced" Parrot AR Drone flier... "These are blades. These could take out someone's eye."
am i right in thinking he also got ripped off if he paid several hundred $'s for that?

I'm still considering a fly around Wrigley Field. I would only do it while it was empty though. Drunk fans would definitely throw things at it.

gunslinger said:
I love the quote by the "experienced" Parrot AR Drone flier... "These are blades. These could take out someone's eye."

He says as he flies his AR Drone in a public park at eye level with people passing by in the shot... face palm ... :roll:

Parrot Drone flier also says, "...you want to play with this in an are where there's no people."

I agree with him. That's why I usually fly mine in the sky.

Why am I left feeling like it's the FAA who needs to be on the receiving end of an "educational conversation"?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj