Phantom Loss of Control / CSC - There When You Need It.

Hi HunterSK sorry to hear about ur bird I'm curious if you were in auto mode or manual with rc channels? I'm pretty new at this but have been feverishly reading posts and watching YouTube trying to catch up in Knowledgebase. Glad to hear you finally received an RMA.

I was in Auto mode for the Lightbridge channels.

During the pre-flight check list I had a brief look at the Lightbridge RC spectrum in the DJI Pilot app (now called the "DJI Go" app) and other than the usual channels used for WiFi, there were free channels available for Lightbridge to use.

Update: 24 August 2014

Today I got home from work and a DHL package from DJI arrived. Inside was my original box containing a repaired Phantom 3 Pro. No additional accessories were included.

From my initial inspection, it looks like the body shell, legs, all four motors (the original 2312 motors - not the newer 2312E), camera and bottom camera gimbal plate (but not the upper gimbal plate) were replaced. The upper gimbal plate has a few scratches (but otherwise perfectly OK), so I think this is still the original part from the incident.

I charged up a P3 battery, then powered on the aircraft and had to link the my controller to the aircraft.

Updating the firmware now and will conduct flight tests tomorrow morning. Everything looks good.

Thank you DJI for offering to repair the aircraft and shipping it back to me for free.

In summary here is the timeline from my experience:

15 July 2015 - Crash occurred in Dubai. Emailed DJI the same day.
16 July 2015 - Received email from Sophie Zhang (DJI Technical Support).
17 July 2015 - Completed all paperwork and uploaded 3GB of internal flight log data to DJI once I got back to Australia.
18-27 July 2015 - Exchanged further five emails regarding the internal flight logs (as the original flight data were overwritten due to me draining the batteries before my airline flight).
28 July 2015 - DJI offered a free repair requesting serial number for the aircraft.
3 August 2015 - Received email from Tim Yang (DJI Global Key Account Service) regarding RMA details for shipping back to DJI Hong Kong.
6 August 2015 - Shipped back the DJI on my own expense. Sent it Insured Express Courier International shipping from Australia to Hong Kong via Australia Post.
24 August 2015 - Received a repaired Phantom 3 Pro back.

Last edited:
In just to follow thread. Glad (hopefully) your ordeal is over. I love this hobby, but I never feel quite comfortable each time I fly. Maybe that is part of the rush.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav