Phantom looses tx rx connection in midflight

Reaction score
My new out of the box Phantom looses rx tx connection when it flys out about 20' then goes to failsafe mode yellow light flash.It always comes back. Before Flight I get flashing green light in GPS mode and wait until I get no flashing red lights, good GPS Right ?. I am able to fly if close to me but as soon it gets 20' out Failsafe kicks in and off it goes.
The duel antennas on the Phantom are pointing straight down and the controller is bent 90 deg. The controller has fresh batteries
Any ideas
Thanks

I'd go in with assistant and check limits. Almost sounds like limits are set at 20m not 2000m. Good idea to go in and "advance calibrate" it also.

Thanks for the reply
I checked the limits in advanced under limits and it shows 2000m for both.
what else should I check. the receiver type is set to D-Bus

RR Roc said:
Thanks for the reply

Those are both correct settings. Such short range makes me suspect the integrity of the output of the transmitter to the antenna. The Phantom sounds like it is responding appropriately. Do a classic range check. Start the Phantom on a tabletop and walk/back away. See when you lose lock.

PF

PhantomFan said:
RR Roc said:
Thanks for the reply

Those are both correct settings. Such short range makes me suspect the integrity of the output of the transmitter to the antenna. The Phantom sounds like it is responding appropriately. Do a classic range check. Start the Phantom on a tabletop and walk/back away. See when you lose lock.

PF
hi there i admit I am new here
but have been reading as much as I can since I am new owner
you say do a range check just asking but how do I find a tutorial for doing this
I have confirmed course lock and gps modes but I am still learning to fly ..
rather than depending on tech I dont understand yet .. so If someone could point me in the direction to gather
the info so this does not happen to me it would be appreciated
thanks

Been having the same problem here with my new Phantom. Two times failsafe has kicked in while flying. First time I was pretty low to the ground and not very far away from me. Second time I was about 15 feet up and around 100 feet away.

The only thing I found (tonight) that I have not yet tried but will tomorrow is. After I updated my Phantom to 4.0 I didn't re-calibrate the transmitter. I just got done doing both a software and hardware re-calibration on my Phantom. Hoping that will solve the problem. Bad thing is it doesn't happen all the time; so I'll have to wait and see.

PhantomFan said:
RR Roc said:
Thanks for the reply

PF

Did that just after my last post twice. 1st time set the phantom on a table in house, 2nd time open space soccer field,everything on and started walking same result about 20-30 feet away lose connection straight line of sight confrimed by flashing yellow lights.
On the field it did go from flashing yellow to one flash green for a little bit then back to yellow but for the most part no connection.

Well then that machine is NOT safe to fly. Consider it 100% grounded until you sort out the problem. If it's a new machine, return it!!! If you are the courageous type who is into self-help, I'd start the investigation by checking the wires that output the signal of the Tx to the Tx antenna.

PF

I have the same problem but I can only get signal 3 feet away and I checked limits and even used the transmitter from my new Phantom with same results! Can't even find a Version 1.1.1 receiver to replace it! Could this be in the Naza?

I went ahead and returned the Phantom back and bought a new one. I have had no problems with the new one.

Great!! All's well that ends well! :lol:

Happy, safe flying!

PF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl