Phantom looses calibration

Reaction score
Original phantom looses calibration after 5 minutes.
I connect to software calibrate everything checks out.
I can take it outside right away and it flies fine.
let it sit for 5 minutes and she flashes a constant yellow.
If I just connect back to software everything is fine again until I let it sit.

have latest updates and fresh batteries in TX .

QuadZilla said:
Constant yellow does not mean you've lost calibration. That would be red/yellow.

Flashing yellow means ATTI mode (double flash) or TX signal lost (steady flash).

The manual is your friend here.
I will look closer at the TX maybe pair it with a newer one and see what happens.

thanks

Can you explain why the TX works perfectly fine when connected to pc?
Kind of confirms it works. I can also force a compus calibration.

It is a constant yellow flash in a series of 4.

This sounds like exactly the same issue I have.

After 5 mins the lights start flashing yellow

As far as I can tell, the transmitter stops sending data or stops broadcasting after between 5 and 10 mins

One test you can do, to see if its the phantom or the transmitter

Turn on the TX, turn on the phantom - you should see a little green led near the middle of the phantom, and you should see green and red flashes on the main LEDS, as it looks for satellites

Now turn off your phantom

Leave the RC unit turned on.

After about 10 mins, turn on the phantom again, and you may see a red light in the middle rather than a green one, and the main outer lights flash yellow.

If this is the case, you have the same fault as me.

How old is your Phantom, I've only had mine about 3 weeks, I wonder if its a manufacturing fault

Getting flakey readings on the X1 plug in the receiver, which would translate to a TX fault.
Will keep you posted.

Re: Phantom looses calibration NON ISSUE

******* award !

This version of phantom is the original, the series of yellow flashes occur during warm-up !
Unlike my other phantom that flashed green and red during warm-up.
The X1 jitter in the software I cant explain but is also a non issue as I am not using a gimbal.

So it explains why everything acted and worked normal when hooked to the pc, because afterwards it was already warmed up.

I got this as a package deal and just assumed it was like mine except for the TX and antenna . :oops:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj