Phantom Lenses to Help See Through Water?

Reaction score
I was flying on the beach and saw a big ol shark! While the water was clear and you could still see the shark well, I wanted to know If anyone had any suggestions for specific polarized lenses that would help see through water even better?

Also if you didn't see the video I shared last week, here it is!

Happy Flying!

-Happy flying from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Reactions: aermale
I was flying on the beach and saw a big ol shark! While the water was clear and you could still see the shark well, I wanted to know If anyone had any suggestions for specific polarized lenses that would help see through water even better?
You can buy polarising filters but they aren't easy to use with a drone because you have to adjust the filter to orient properly with the sun.
If you move the drone to a new position or angle, you lose the filter's orientation and have to readjust it.

The simplest way to shoot through the water is to make sure you have the sun behind you and look with the sun rather than against it and into glare.
DJI_0214a-L.jpg

You can buy polarising filters but they aren't easy to use with a drone because you have to adjust the filter to orient properly with the sun.
If you move the drone to a new position or angle, you lose the filter's orientation and have to readjust it.

The simplest way to shoot through the water is to make sure you have the sun behind you and look with the sun rather than against it and into glare.
DJI_0214a-L.jpg
Good advice and great shot. I'm jealous! Winter weather advisory here in west central Ohio with snow on the ground and freezing rain, UGH! Think I need a 'sun break'.

Reactions: JTC Films
Underwater visibility can also vary significantly from day to day, depending upon conditions. Shooting when the water is clearest helps significantly! :cool:
If the water is murky, no lens filter will be able to make it clearer.
However, if surface reflections are obscuring the underwater image, changing the camera angle will help, and so can a PL filter, as Meta4 described above.

Wow great footage! They are close to the coast where the people are swimming!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik