Phantom LED queries.

Reaction score
Hello again guys.
Just had the first few flights with my FC40 today and am pleased to report am absolutely loving it (see attached picture). Many thanks to J DOT, J.James and ericdes for the good answers to my last question.
Basically what I have noticed is nearing the end of my flights the status LED flashes one or two times green (presumably depending on whether the sticks are straight) then an seemingly random amount of red flashes (maybe around 4). I cant seem to find anything about a combination like this in DJIs manuals. I was wondering if anyone knew what this actually meant? Is it just that the battery is getting low? although I thought this was a continuously flashing red light...? Although it will move onto this constant flashing red soon after... Any ideas would be appriciated.

Attachments

• DJI00019.jpg
    DJI00019.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 431
Depends on how fast they flash. They can either idicate low battery or less gps signal. Since you say it's towards he end of your flight i'd say battery warning

Thanks for the quick reply mate :)
They seem to flash quite fast so I presume it is the low battery warning then, although they do come between green pulses which is what has confused me. Has anyone else had this sequence? I dont think it would be GPS loss as there is more than 3 pulses between greens but im a relative newbie so i could well be wrong.

I think that my phantom will start to show the battery is getting low because it will blink red when under load, then go back to blinking green after I stop throttling. I think it happens more and more as the battery gets low.

That is exactly what it does under load and why i disabled low voltage protection and changed to a lipo checker/alarm. The double green flashes are probably denoting stick not at centre. I used to fly back in at the first short burst of red and land on the continued red flashes.

I'm also guessing it may be right on the verge of the low battery setting and when letting off on the throttle the voltage will then read just enough to turn off the low voltage flash. Some times even with my battery buzzer if It sets off while pulling a heavy load on the battery it will stop beeping when I let off the sticks and the voltage reading goes up some. Then start to beep again if I give it any throttle.

BTW get on of them if you can they are the best under $4 things you can have and is much more dependable then the on board low battery indicator led.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1-8S-Lipo-L ... 486172ee1b

They are loud as heck to when the beeper goes off. Even when I am so far away I cant see my phantom the alarm is still loud and clear. I set mine to go off a bit early so that I know I still have plenty of time to be able to land it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl