Phantom in the city ?

Reaction score
Planning to pick up a phantom to shoot with, I live in a megalopolis city.

Have seen plenty of nice footage of beach and mountains,
but very rare to see downtown city footage.
I know in the U.S. there are FAA / police issues.
But other then that, is there just way to much interference from powerlines and cell towers
that render shooting in the city too risky ?
Can an upgraded radio mitigate that ?

Thanks!

I wouldn't fly it in a large city except in very controlled situations. I've flown over my town's downtown, but it was early in the morning and very few were out and about I also flew LOS the whole time and kept it well above any buildings or roads. I also live in a fairly small city, no sky scrapers here and very little interference issues.

Usually in the city, you can find parks and open areas, maybe water. I've flown at a local pier and I just fly out over the water and open areas, being careful not to fly directly over people... or even anywhere close to over them. Maybe I'm a worry wart but I keep an eye on the ground at the same time as I'm flying and I'm always thinking "OK, if I lose control, where COULD this thing go down and who/what could it damage". And I try to stay out of those situations. I've seen people fly off the tops of buildings, through the city. I just can't do that. Too many things could go wrong.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr