Phantom in Lebanon - OK?!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought my phantom here in Dubai where they are extremely popular and you see them quite a lot now.

However I am going on a weekend trip to the party capital of the middle east - Beirut in Lebanon this weekend. Has anyone ever taken their drone to Lebanon? - Is it legal and safe to do so?

Paul

Reactions: marlus
paulsheaves said:
Hi guys,

I bought my phantom here in Dubai where they are extremely popular and you see them quite a lot now.

However I am going on a weekend trip to the party capital of the middle east - Beirut in Lebanon this weekend. Has anyone ever taken their drone to Lebanon? - Is it legal and safe to do so?

Paul

how much C4 can it carry?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

paulsheaves said:
to the party capital of the middle east - Beirut

LOL!

I think that this would be more a matter of, not so much what is legal, but what is common sense.
Legally, I'm betting nobody's really going to have a whole lot of time to care much about your drone except for that guy with the RPG.
But common sense says that you have an awful lot of shell-shocked folks there, and flying a Phantom around certainly isn't going to do anything to raise their comfort level.

Of course, even if there are no laws written down forbidding your Phantom, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't be thrown in jail anyway.

If it were me, I'd leave the Phantom at home. But, then, if it were me, I wouldn't be going to Beirut at the moment, either, so....

ProfessorStein said:
paulsheaves said:
to the party capital of the middle east - Beirut

LOL!

I think that this would be more a matter of, not so much what is legal, but what is common sense.
Legally, I'm betting nobody's really going to have a whole lot of time to care much about your drone except for that guy with the RPG.
But common sense says that you have an awful lot of shell-shocked folks there, and flying a Phantom around certainly isn't going to do anything to raise their comfort level.

Of course, even if there are no laws written down forbidding your Phantom, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't be thrown in jail anyway.

If it were me, I'd leave the Phantom at home. But, then, if it were me, I wouldn't be going to Beirut at the moment, either, so....

All sage advice LOL - +1

Ah boys!

I think i am going to take it anyway. I will let you know how I get on.

Don't believe everything that you read in the media - Lebanon is an awesome place, Beirut particularly - its known for being welcoming and a great night out.

I won't fly the phantom high - I agree that would be a bit silly. There are some coastal shots I want, and maybe some pool party aerial shots.

See you soon!

paulsheaves said:
Ah boys!

I think i am going to take it anyway. I will let you know how I get on.

Don't believe everything that you read in the media - Lebanon is an awesome place, Beirut particularly - its known for being welcoming and a great night out.

I won't fly the phantom high - I agree that would be a bit silly. There are some coastal shots I want, and maybe some pool party aerial shots.

See you soon!

Make sure your Phantom will not "accidentally" cross the Lebanese-Syrian border and join ISIS lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl