Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom in Lebanon - OK?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paulsheaves, Sep 2, 2014.

1. paulsheaves

Hi guys,

I bought my phantom here in Dubai where they are extremely popular and you see them quite a lot now.

However I am going on a weekend trip to the party capital of the middle east - Beirut in Lebanon this weekend. Has anyone ever taken their drone to Lebanon? - Is it legal and safe to do so?

Paul

2. locoworks

how much C4 can it carry?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3. ProfessorStein

LOL!

I think that this would be more a matter of, not so much what is legal, but what is common sense.
    Legally, I'm betting nobody's really going to have a whole lot of time to care much about your drone except for that guy with the RPG.
    But common sense says that you have an awful lot of shell-shocked folks there, and flying a Phantom around certainly isn't going to do anything to raise their comfort level.

Of course, even if there are no laws written down forbidding your Phantom, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't be thrown in jail anyway.

If it were me, I'd leave the Phantom at home. But, then, if it were me, I wouldn't be going to Beirut at the moment, either, so....

4. Buckaye

All sage advice LOL - +1

5. paulsheaves

Ah boys!

I think i am going to take it anyway. I will let you know how I get on.

Don't believe everything that you read in the media - Lebanon is an awesome place, Beirut particularly - its known for being welcoming and a great night out.

I won't fly the phantom high - I agree that would be a bit silly. There are some coastal shots I want, and maybe some pool party aerial shots.

See you soon!

6. StrikeTeam

Make sure your Phantom will not "accidentally" cross the Lebanese-Syrian border and join ISIS lol

7. paulsheaves

Yeah Beirut's nowhere near that border!