Phantom II can't flight in Bogota, Colombia?

Reaction score
Hello, I bought a new phantom II, and when I tried to flight it in Bogota, Colombia, the phantom always fall down like a heavy rock, and also I can not flight more that 10 meters altitud. I wrote to DJI and the answers the following:

Hi Christian,

The altitude may be affecting takeoff and landing craft. If you are not having problems at lower altitudes, then your quadcopter probably being affected by the thinner air.

DJI Technology Customer Service

My answer to them was: Good. I have other brands Quadcopters as DIY, no problem flying in Bogota. I do not think this is an appropriate answer to my problem. I spent $ 1500 dollars on a computer that does not fly!

Thank technique, Logic and a real solution to this problem answer.

Greetings.

Christian Bodington.

Then I think they washed their hands with L.A. repair center.

Any idea about this issue?

This is the original answer:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (36552) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

Agent_00
Agent_00 (DJI Technology)
Aug 03 16:16

Hola Christian,

La altitud podría estar afectando el despegue y aterrizaje de la nave. Si usted no está teniendo problemas en altitudes más bajas, entonces su quadcopter probablemente se está viendo afectada por el aire más delgado.

This email is a service from DJI Technology. Delivered by Zendesk.
Message-Id:JGBDN9FE_53dec2b429155_48693f90cf0b332c121813f_sprut

Christian Bodington <[email protected]>
4 de ago.

para DJI
Buenas. Yo tengo otras marcas de Quadcopters, como DIY, que vuelan sin problema en Bogota. No me parece que esta sea una respuesta adecuada a mi problema. Yo invertí $1500 dolares en un equipo que no vuela!

Agradezco una respuesta técnica, Lógica y con una verdadera solución a este problema.

Saludos.

Christian Bodington.

El 3 de agosto de 2014, 18:16, DJI Technology <[email protected]> escribió:

DJI Technology
11 de ago.

para mí
inglés
español Traducir mensaje
Desactivar para: inglés
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (40764) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

Agent_00
Agent_00 (DJI Technology)
Aug 11 08:36

Hi Christian,

You have contacted the L.A. repair center that provides repair work for DJI products in North America. Please contact DJI headquarters for any concern regarding altitude or for a more in depth analysis of your issue at [email protected]

What other quads have you flown in Bogota?

You also say that you "can't fly" and always "falls like a rock"... but then you say you can't get above 10 meters in altitude... so it does fly in certain circumstances?? Can you describe what you're experiencing in a little more detail?

I would hope customer support would've checked that, but easy enough to find out. Christian, do you get all green LEDs on the launch pad?

Hello. I will try to explain better my experience.
I have my phantom with OSD System, so I always wait for minimum 7 Satellites on the screen. 4 Leds go green, and after that I try to flight (hover), but If I go up (throttle up), close to 10 meters altitude the phantom begin to fall down. While this happened I try to go up with full throttle and the phantom do not respond. Just went very fast to the ground.

I update my phantom with the last firmware version, and nothing diferent happend.

I have a DIY Hexacopter and a Quadcopter. These two copters fly perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your comments.
Christian

whats the height in bogotá?

i've been flying in méxico city, 2,293 mt above sea level (7,500ft) without problems.

cbodington said:
Bogota is 2600 to 3250 meters above sea level.

There are many documented cases of people flying their Phantoms - including FPV, gimbal, and Gopro - at much higher altitudes in excess of 5,000 meters deep in the Himalays, Pamirs, Karakoram, etc. It is definitely not the Bogota altitude that is causing you trouble.

The airport no-fly zone suggestion is an interesting one. Common sense tells us that they're going to expand these no-fly ones to other countries as they gather up accurate data. Right now, at least on their website, nothing is listed for Colombia. This is easy to test. Make sure you are far away from BOG and see if you can take off. Do you live very close to the airport?

In regards to descending unpredictably, it's the nature of the craft. Higher altitude = more problems. The higher you go, the more careful and more slowly you need to descend and you should always avoid descending straight down. Always zig-zag your way down.

To isolate your actual problem;
- post a video showing what is happening. Make sure you do your calibration first.
- show all the stats from your Phantom Assistant software.

cbodington said:
I have my phantom with OSD System, so I always wait for minimum 7 Satellites on the screen. 4 Leds go green, and after that I try to flight (hover).
Christian
Do you get the rapid flashing green lights TWICE and then the green slow flashing green before take off?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl