Phantom II + and GoPro Underwater fish video

Reaction score
Just posted this video on Youtube. I have the GoPro suspended from the Phantom to get underwater views of Capelin (a small fish that comes to beaches to spawn). Let me know what you think of the technique. The video was taken a few days ago right in the Atlantic ocean.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
lol, different....

and effective. good work...

That was different...but very interesting.
Here's a video I made up a few years ago (before my drone days) with the GoPro mounted on a large fish lure. Took underwater video of catching codfish. By coincidence I'm right now setting up the GoPro to do the same thing this year. The season opened up just a couple of days ago.

Reactions: dirkclod
That's quite a novel adaptation of the Phantom/GoPro combination,nicely done.

What a little ingenuity can do. Great video!

Just posted this video on Youtube. I have the GoPro suspended from the Phantom to get underwater views of Capelin (a small fish that comes to beaches to spawn). Let me know what you think of the technique. The video was taken a few days ago right in the Atlantic ocean.
That is just freaking awesome. WOW... Way to go!
Yet ANOTHER clever and unique way to use and utilize the Phantom. That's the kind of stuff I really enjoy watching. Not "just" videos of scenery, (although that's nice) but I love to see how people use this thing as a tool to accomplish something. Good job!
BOT

Bob that cod fish catching video was great! I take it you were jigging with the lure,
and they seemed fairly interested in biting!
i find it interesting that the cod bit at the hook, and not the lure per say...
i wonder if fresh water fish do the same, would be a good project
for somebody!
thanks

Bob that cod fish catching video was great! I take it you were jigging with the lure,
and they seemed fairly interested in biting!
i find it interesting that the cod bit at the hook, and not the lure per say...
i wonder if fresh water fish do the same, would be a good project
for somebody!
thanks
Yes we were jigging with the heavy lure and I had the gopro mounted on the lure. The cod fish at times had the gopro in their mouth as you might notice once or twice in the video. They left teeth marks on the waterproof case too. For those not familiar with the video we are discussing you can see it here
Also, as a side note I will have another underwater Drone and GoPro video up on youtube in less than an hour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31