Phantom Hauler

planedr said:
Let's see what you have that's faster. That's what I thought.
That's a Trailblazer SS, 400 hp stock. If he's running 11's that one isn't stock. You have obviously never seen one of those actually run. There was a guy in Denver with a Trailblazer SS that would run low 10s on street tires. Bandimere is over 5,000 ft. elevation, that's impressive.

Thanks. You obviously know what you are looking at :)

And the one in Denver you are talking about is probably Ross. And for the Record, Ross can wax my *** with this.

And yes, I am a long way from stock !

I used to live right up the road from Bandimere in Conifer. My truck ran high 11's, low 12's there, 77 GMC with a 396, 150 shot of nitrous.

planedr said:
I used to live right up the road from Bandimere in Conifer. My truck ran high 11's, low 12's there, 77 GMC with a 396, 150 shot of nitrous.

I don't envy you elevation guys. I like running when the DA is in the negative numbers!! Something you never see. The Jimmy sounded fast and nice to have a little DA in a bottle. The TBSS is running 150 shot as well. Its about 550 on motor and then add juice.

As I said about it is not "the fastest" thing in town but will whip a lot of things at the stop light :)

krunkcopter said:
There are two photos up above. Not only is it faster in a 1/4 mile (boring IMO), it's also faster through corners, slows down faster, etc..

So basically you have a Turbo Porsche that will run equivalent times in the 1/4" as a "slow SUV/mommy van". I am impressed.

Are you always such a **** or were you just having a bad day?

Typical Porche driver always compensating. So what is it, ED or premature male pattern baldness?

HA! I got you all beat with my Duece with a whopping 130 hp inline 6 multifuel diesel....top speed 55 and a 0-55 in about 40 seconds. But I do get all the free fuel I want running waste motor oil :mrgreen: I have other toys for speed...

Rustynuts said:
HA! I got you all beat with my Duece with a whopping 130 hp inline 6 multifuel diesel....top speed 55 and a 0-55 in about 40 seconds. But I do get all the free fuel I want running waste motor oil :mrgreen: I have other toys for speed...
That's a nice bed you made out of a trailer. Did you remove the back axle or have it done?

planedr said:
Rustynuts said:
That's a nice bed you made out of a trailer. Did you remove the back axle or have it done?

I did all the conversion myself, lot of work but had fun doing it. Pretty common conversion on the M35a2 these days and called a "bobbed deuce". The M105 trailer is common for a bed.

My Phantom hauler.
I don't care about new cars, i love the old ones haha.
Had to sell my '79 Ford last week because it was toooo far gone. Got me a newer toy in return. 1992 dodge dynasty, second owner. :)

Attachments

• dodge small.jpg
    dodge small.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,873
Mine's not all that quick but it hauls everything I want it to.

It has nice wheels too. :lol:

Attachments

• BelAirTwuck.JPG
    BelAirTwuck.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 502
  • MyWheels.JPG
    MyWheels.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 556
gunslinger said:
My Phantom hauler...

0newbaby88.jpg

interior.jpg

engine21.jpg

0newbaby87.jpg

-slinger
Nice 3k gt vr4. Im more interested in the in the DSM behind it ;) . Is it a gsx or gst? I was huge into DSMs. I had a fully built 93 GSX full aem ems and all that ran low 11s in the quarter at close to 130, but had a ton more potential. I used to go to the DSM shootout every year back in the early 2000s. Then i moved to CA, got pulled over and got busted for it not being smog legel. Had it parked in my garage for about 7 years and just sold it a year ago. Ever see a grown man cry, yea thats me. :cry:

shartlza said:
gunslinger said:
My Phantom hauler...

-slinger
Nice 3k gt vr4. Im more interested in the in the DSM behind it ;) . Is it a gsx or gst? I was huge into DSMs. I had a fully built 93 GSX full aem ems and all that ran low 11s in the quarter at close to 130, but had a ton more potential. I used to go to the DSM shootout every year back in the early 2000s. Then i moved to CA, got pulled over and got busted for it not being smog legel. Had it parked in my garage for about 7 years and just sold it a year ago. Ever see a grown man cry, yea thats me. :cry:

My first DSM was a '91 GS Turbo (they hadn't started calling them GST yet) and I loved that car. Silver with a black top, slick shifter and a just slightly laggy turbo.

Next came a '95 GSX in "look at me!" red. It drove like the wheels were wrapped in velcro. I have a favorite corner that I've run all my cars through, starting with a '71 MGBGT, to see how many Gs I could load up and keep it pointing where I'm aiming. This thing slipped a bit, just once, and slid around five feet before grabbing again and just nosing around the corner like nothing happened. I just wasn't fond of the shifter after running the nicely appointed GS Turbo...

Then a '95 3000GT base model, which lasted almost two years before I went to the VR4...

The green '94 in that picture is merely a GS. It was my daily driver as the VR4 slowly became a garage queen. :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
shartlza said:
gunslinger said:
My Phantom hauler...

-slinger

My first DSM was a '91 GS Turbo (they hadn't started calling them GST yet) and I loved that car. Silver with a black top, slick shifter and a just slightly laggy turbo.

Next came a '95 GSX in "look at me!" red. It drove like the wheels were wrapped in velcro. I have a favorite corner that I've run all my cars through, starting with a '71 MGBGT, to see how many Gs I could load up and keep it pointing where I'm aiming. This thing slipped a bit, just once, and slid around five feet before grabbing again and just nosing around the corner like nothing happened. I just wasn't fond of the shifter after running the nicely appointed GS Turbo...

Then a '95 3000GT base model, which lasted almost two years before I went to the VR4...

The green '94 in that picture is merely a GS. It was my daily driver as the VR4 slowly became a garage queen. :D

-slinger
Yea my 93 gsx was silver with black top as well. Loved it and it was immaculate. I built and did everything. Alot of blood sweat and tears in that thing.

Attachments

• 2014-10-25 09.40.00.jpg
    2014-10-25 09.40.00.jpg
    857.8 KB · Views: 612
  • 2014-10-25 09.47.37.jpg
    2014-10-25 09.47.37.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 605
This one is my DD and Phantom Hauler. :p

Attachments

• Hauler.jpg
    Hauler.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 668

My transport has nothing on your cars. But it's very handy for navigating the city, it can be used in parks and it even has a smart battery, like my Phantom :')

Also I am but an apprentice, on a low income :3

malibusteve70 said:
Had this beast since I was 15 I'm now 30. Now I just need to either find someone to drive my car while I film or fly my bird while I drive...I don't think it's ever going to happen :|

NICE ride... :D

-slinger

For a landing pad, have one painted on the top of your vehicle, with some of that truck bed coating sprayed on first.

Just watch out for real helis looking for a place to land!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj