Phantom Graphics Kits?

I think you should forget about the hand catch until you can land it yourself. , really guys how many newbys are going to be able to hand catch and cut the throttles one handed ? Just full throttle takeoff in gps then just let the stick go to neutral about 10 - 15 feet up aNd then let it hover and test your control inputs. Cut the throttle as soon as it lands , you can practice that on the ground.
Yes it is complex , and you should read the manual, and watch videos. you have to remember some of these horror stories are from total idiots , who just take off and run into trees and houses without even taking the time to learn what it does.
As I said before its Very easy to fly . Yes the gps and flight controller are complex pieces of electronics , but that makes it easy to fly IF you learn the led light sequence and what it's telling you and just take baby steps flying.

kymedic121 said:
JWarren said:
Maiden flight day huh? My hands were shaking like it was 30 below! lol Hopefully the winds will die down, but I've flown easily is 30 mph winds before.

https://vimeo.com/99552822

Awesome video. I cannot believe the Phantom was so stable in 30+ winds. That is amazing. I love the video and the layout of the town with all the cul-de-sac's. Literally all roads lead to nowhere, LOL. Awesome video. How long did it take you to become comfortable with the V2+ and how long have you been in RC Control Flight in general?

I was into R/C planes when I was in my late teens and twenties. Got out of it for quite awhile. I'm 42 now and I purchased one of those little helicopters from the mall that you always see that had a video camera on it and I thought "how cool is this". I was hooked, got to researching it more, and it led me to DJI's Phantom series. I purchased mine back in early June, and recently purchased a second one as a back up. How long did it take me to get comfortable it? I'm still getting comfortable to be honest with you, but the only time I'm nervous or "uncomfortable" is when I'm flying really high or a long distance off. I about had a heart attack at my first "Loss of Signal", but now they don't bother me at all because each time it has worked flawlessly and brought aircraft right home to me. Remember after a LOS and RTH, you can take control by moving S1 to middle and then back up to top. Let us know about that maiden flight! And no worries!

Regards,
J.

Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to worry about a fly away ? I've been flying over 40 year , planes , now these , since the phantom 1 , I really love these things but hate that every flight is a crap shoot. It would be a lot better if they had a data recorder that would be your "proof " if there was a legit flyaway .. But what really sucks is DJI lack of support.

Mori55 said:
Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to worry about a fly away ? I've been flying over 40 year , planes , now these , since the phantom 1 , I really love these things but hate that every flight is a crap shoot. It would be a lot better if they had a data recorder that would be your "proof " if there was a legit flyaway .. But what really sucks is DJI lack of support.

How long have you been flying these in number of years, and how many flyaways?

Mori55 said:

Except the proof would fly away with the Phantom! ;)

I had my f450 that I flew all the time just hovering about 10'. It all of the sudden went completely crazy and flipped over and slammed into the ground.
Yes a know it wasn't a phantom but still a naza. After fixing the gps that got smashed it flew fine. It does make you a little Leary.
I'm sure not all of these flyaways are pilot error. Doesn't it make you wonder ? It doesn't make me not fly , but it's always in the back of my mind.

It's certainly all about confidence flying these. Man and Machine.
To have one fly away or have some other serious unknown malfunction would knock your confidence for a six.
I guess we should think of them like that cheating girl friend. Just gotta forget that ***** and get a new one.

Yeah your right , but doesn't 1300 a pop kinda irk you when it's something DJI should address ? At least a little customer service would help. Yeah I know radio control is always risky , but when I was flying planes 99.9 % of the time when I crashed it was me.
I'm definetly going to do the dronexperts sheilding mod. I know a lot of times these small camera put out a lot of RF noise.

I've spent more $ than that on girlfriend's :lol:

So far I've only had a bad battery which was taken care of straight away under warranty by my dealer. I'm glad I read about Dji's reputation before I purchased . I am however still waiting for a replacement battery due to a supply shortage. 3 weeks.........They still fcked me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20