Phantom Gain Settings

Reaction score
Does anyone have the gain settings that the Phantom ships with? Factory reset takes you to another place. I changed mine initially for carbon fiber props (which I have since decided are overkill) and I'd like to return to "normal" settings. (and yes I know I should have recorded these).

I did pretty much the same thing, I don't know what the Phantom gains were originally, I clicked the "default" button,
and don't really think that's what they were.

I programmed mine to the settings recommended for the FW330, which is the same size as the Phantom, and it works well.

I really like my 9" carbon fiber props, so smooth.

BASIC GAIN: Pitch = 140 Roll = 140 Yaw = 100 Vertical = 110

ATTITUDE GAIN : Pitch = 140 Roll = 140

Hello,

yes, the defaults are:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-05-03 um 19.46.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-05-03 um 19.46.34.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 5,038
What does adjusting the parameters do?
What "gain" are we adjusting when changing these settings?

SteveNunez said:
What does adjusting the parameters do?
What "gain" are we adjusting when changing these settings?

I'm trying to grasp it all as well,
I'm definitely flying a heavier Phantom than stock (added a gimbal), but really unsure what tweaks I can make that will make the Phantom fly smoother or more responsive.
..plus it's a pain to connect to the Naza and tweak things each time.
..and I never noticed the remote adjust.. wonder how I can do that (I have a Futaba T8J), tho using the additional channels already for Pitcha adjust and failsafe.

I never noticed the remote adjust.. wonder how I can do that (I have a Futaba T8J), tho using the additional channels already for Pitcha adjust and failsafe.

I have a T8J also, switches DT5 and DT6 are available, then when you find a setting you like, disable them.

My Phantom is really heavy now, and the setup I have works pretty well. "I'm happy with it anyway."

I am using 9" carbon fiber props from Aerial Media Pros, and T-Motor MN 2214-11 kv920 Anti-Gravity motors.

the T8J isn't very easy to learn, it's as if it's meant for people who already know how to use fancier transmitters.
I set it up with my Phantom, but I had no idea what I was doing,..as I was just following the video directions.

any recommended gain settings for say, a relatively heavy Phantom running regular stock props? (putting the Graupners on any day now, just trying to build up the courage!)

the T8J isn't very easy to learn, it's as if it's meant for people who already know how to use fancier transmitters.
I set it up with my Phantom, but I had no idea what I was doing,..as I was just following the video directions.

any recommended gain settings for say, a relatively heavy Phantom running regular stock props? (putting the Graupners on any day now, just trying to build up the courage!)

I know exactly what you mean. I had the added disadvantage of having the T8J-A, and the switches are set up differently
from the helicopter radio, So I would watch the videos and then try to apply it to mine.

You will like the Graupners. I like my gain settings, but I'm running 9" cf props, and upgraded motors.

I have seen other posts with numbers like these and up to 200/205. Is this referring to percentages? In other words 140%?

Audaciter said:
I did pretty much the same thing, I don't know what the Phantom gains were originally, I clicked the "default" button,
and don't really think that's what they were.

I programmed mine to the settings recommended for the FW330, which is the same size as the Phantom, and it works well.

I really like my 9" carbon fiber props, so smooth.

BASIC GAIN: Pitch = 140 Roll = 140 Yaw = 100 Vertical = 110

ATTITUDE GAIN : Pitch = 140 Roll = 140

what is happening by moving the pitch and roll to 140%?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj