PHANTOM FLYING SLIGHTLY OFF CENTRE BETWEEN WAYPOINTS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am setting up on some Golf Holes for flyovers and when I start the craft off between 2 way-points it seems to be slightly off centre, therefore giving the sense you are almost flying a touch sideways??

Any idea on how to eliminate this and fly in a directly straight line between the 2 waypoints? I set the start to a Stop and Go...then usually set-up 3-4 waypoints tracking the hole. I choose Bank turns for 2 and 3 waypoints then a stop and Go again for last waypoint...

Regards,
NW

Hi,

I don't have the answer on how to eliminate this behaviour but I've noticed it as well. In any other mode than "Stop & Turn" it behaves like this.

Regards,
Kent

It has to do with the speed your flying and the fact it's a banked or adaptive turn, it works out it will over shoot the turn in banked turns etc so it cuts the corner. Multiple way points and planning your flight in simulation mode first to see how it will react.

In real life the Jets I flying for a living the Flight Management system which is updated via GNS does the same thing dependant on speed and sharpness of turn. One of the departure routes out of Perth Australia has a turn in it which is almost 120deg to the right . The aircraft cuts the corner by some times up to 4nm's dependant on speed.

From reading also could it be a Magnetic declination issue??

I would think if it's not facing truth north it may be compensating also?? From google search we are 11 degrees off true north down under?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic