Phantom flying manual mode

Reaction score
So I was playing with the phantom and assistant in the basement. Now I wanted to try something, so I needed to turn the phantom on. Because I was in the basement, I put it in manual mode just to make sure everything would spin (props removed). What I noticed was that when in manual mode, the motors spun at what seemed like full throttle?

How exactly does manual mode work? And can you launch from manual mode, or do they recommend you launch in GPS/Atti and switch to manual in the air?

I found this very weird that the motors would start up at full throttle.

In manual mode, you get motor mixing and no limits on IMU (so you can tilt and roll farther than 30 degrees, flip and barrel roll, etc). Your throttle becomes linear too so there is no hover-at-center; you have to get the throttle to the right amount to achieve hover for your craft.

You can take off and land in manual mode, but items hard to fly so it's recommended to use ATTI or GPS until you have some controlled practice in manual.

ElGuano said:
In manual mode, you get motor mixing and no limits on IMU (so you can tilt and roll farther than 30 degrees, flip and barrel roll, etc). Your throttle becomes linear too so there is no hover-at-center; you have to get the throttle to the right amount to achieve hover for your craft.

You can take off and land in manual mode, but items hard to fly so it's recommended to use ATTI or GPS until you have some controlled practice in manual.

I would never fly in manual, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my phantom. I have set that selection to failsafe.

I had no idea thats how manual worked. I mean it makes TOTAL sense and anyone who flies in that regard probably tightens the tension bands on the sticks to ensure the throttle is always at min.

I totally understand now and because my sticks were centred by spring, the throttle is probably 50% of full throttle.

Thanks El I appreciate your knowledge. By the way I loved your battery post and am really thinking of upgrading to an F550 and incorporating a 10400 mah battery for 20 minute FPV flights. You have an F550?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31