Phantom flips over and crashes on take off

Reaction score
The lights on my phantom are blinking green after calibration. When I begin to take off the phantom takes off at an angle and as soon as it is completely off of the ground it will flip over and crash onto the ground. It should also be mentioned that somehow my controller controls have been reversed, up is down, down is up, which makes this situation even more confusing. Now when I turn it on the lights will just blink fast red, even when the battery is full. I have the NAZA software and Im trying to understand how to use it/what is happening to my phantom. Please help me out. Thanks!

Did you go into the software and REV your controls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read along the way of the same issue. All phantom would do is flip over at takeoff. That person had taken motors out, and reinstalled in wrong configuration without thinking. So if your controls are reversed, it's safe to say that would be source of flipping, but not enough info as to how that occurred.

Hawklin said:
Read along the way of the same issue. All phantom would do is flip over at takeoff. That person had taken motors out, and reinstalled in wrong configuration without thinking. So if your controls are reversed, it's safe to say that would be source of flipping, but not enough info as to how that occurred.

Now after doing an advanced calibration from the NAZA software I get 3 yellow lights blinking fast. I dont know what this means or what to do about it. When i connect to the NAZA software i get "CFG-ERR: Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters." and the controller sticks arent connecting. Please help me.

Unsure what's going on with your reversed controller and errors (I'm very new myself), but could the flight issue be due to the wrong props being installed? ie counter clockwise on the clockwise motor? Also, try calibrating the gyro's so that it has a good reference for "flat"

Regarding flipping in the Naza software make sure your mixer type is quad rotor-X as I have circled in the image below.

brgs.jpg

Also make sure your shell is on the correct way so the 2 small indentations on it are the front 2 legs, if you mix this up 90 degrees all your props will be reversed if you follow the arrow indicators.

Re: Phantom flips over and crashed on take off

Had a scary experience yesterday, weather was ok so finally planned to have a hover about in the garden everything was ok did a Phantom dance as the phone app said compass calibration required. This would have been the sixth flight of my new P2V - previous flights have been trouble free - took off got to about 3 feet in the air when my Phantom suddenly flipped over and hit the deck. Aborted flight went to laptop plugged in wont let me do anything except do the upgrades on P2V and transmitter, did that so now I need some sky time. Have also noticed the app on my Samsung isn't working correctly - no camera tilt control - no gps data and battery level says 0%. Any ideas or anybody had this happen with the PV...?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20