Phantom Flip

Nice one, I've been wanting to try that myself as well! Looks like the gimbal handles it well too, and that you gave yourself lots of altitude!

mcmax20 said:
Nice one, I've been wanting to try that myself as well! Looks like the gimbal handles it well too, and that you gave yourself lots of altitude!

Altitude is always your friend when trying these kind of things.
Dont think I will do it again though.........

Did you happen to notice how far you dropped while flipping?

mcmax20 said:
Did you happen to notice how far you dropped while flipping?

Well judging by my Flytrex data I would say a couple of feet at the most.

poostik said:
Dude!

Not that I ever want to try that, but how do you do it?

Well, it was a 3-way manoeuvre I descended as fast as I could while going forward as fast as I could and then pushed the right controller to the left.
Had a good wind to help tip her over.

I reckon as long as you have altitude and plenty of battery power the Phantom will correct itself in most situations.
This was done in ATTI mode.

2trickpony said:
poostik said:
Dude!

Well, it was a 3-way manoeuvre I descended as fast as I could while going forward as fast as I could and then pushed the right controller to the left.

I reckon as long as you have altitude and plenty of battery power the Phantom will correct itself in most situations.

ballsy! looks really smooth too.
i saw someone do a flip but it looked like it took about 30+ft of altitude before it completed its flip.

OI Photography said:
Nice! Was this done with goggles or a monitor?

Black Pearl monitor with IRC5800 duo receiver.

poostik said:
2trickpony said:
poostik said:
Dude!

ballsy! looks really smooth too.
i saw someone do a flip but it looked like it took about 30+ft of altitude before it completed its flip.

If you look at my Flytrex mission here:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... lee-22362/
at 482 secs is when I went for the flip.

It's going to be way more than a couple of feet. I'd say it's more like 50 to 75ft. BTW, there's always manual mode. Flip into manual and see how long you can hold it before it begins to flop over and once it does push the stick in to the flop and somersault as long as you dare and then put it in GPS and hope it recovers quickly!

I assume the Naza is fast enough to right itself in an incipient spin???

ianwood said:
It's going to be way more than a couple of feet. I'd say it's more like 50 to 75ft. BTW, there's always manual mode. Flip into manual and see how long you can hold it before it begins to flop over and once it does push the stick in to the flop and somersault as long as you dare and then put it in GPS and hope it recovers quickly!

I assume the Naza is fast enough to right itself in an incipient spin???

I aint gonna try THAT Ian :shock:

This guy makes it look easy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83fraTicuUk[/youtube]

Its not in english but he does a good job of showing the stick movements - you cant see exactly the quad perfectly but it gives you an idea. Make sure you are like 40m high at least before trying this and be very happy with manual mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj