Phantom firmware update

S

sandman259

So my p3a said needed a firmware update so I did that and it said all finished and to reboot everything. Which I assume means turn everything off and then back on again. No it says in my menu this? What does this mean and how do I update both of them?
8419c2e9a8c90e085af0817c69a7a8aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you still fly it without upgrading?

Yes I still flew it and it seamed fine. I flew it earlier today no problems, then I decided for a night run and when I turned it on it started beeping like crazy. So I opened up the menu and it said firmware update and a few other updates along with the ones you see on the screen now. I did the update and everything went fine then when I turn it on and look on the menu it still says firmware update and you click on it and this pops up. Does that mean I have to plug a usb cable into the camera and then the drone and update through my computer or something?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

From my recent questions to the group it seems that updates are pointless I'd ignore it and just keep flying. I'm sure most people would agree with me.

Aircraft update will update the camera too. If aircraft was updated earlier and you have replaced the camera, better to downgrade FW first and then upgrade. Both will be synced and updated.

Does anyone know what about the camera has been updated?

Aircraft update will update the camera too. If aircraft was updated earlier and you have replaced the camera, better to downgrade FW first and then upgrade. Both will be synced and updated.
What do you recommend one does when installing an advanced gimbal/camera onto a professional?

I completed both updates a couple days ago. And both were successful. I don't know where you got a message to reboot everything as I never saw that. From knowing what to do. After the update. I took my sd card out of bird. Plugged it into reader to see text file and that is where I saw update was current and successful. I then placed it back in bird and never had a single issue. I knew it was done based on the the change in the beeps. Long beep then 2 beeps. During the update it was 4 beeps.

So my p3a said needed a firmware update so I did that and it said all finished and to reboot everything. Which I assume means turn everything off and then back on again. No it says in my menu this? What does this mean and how do I update both of them?
8419c2e9a8c90e085af0817c69a7a8aa.jpg

Seems like you just updated the transmitter...You have to update the phantom using an SD card...There are How To Videos on the DJI website or Youtube

Seems like you just updated the transmitter...You have to update the phantom using an SD card...There are How To Videos on the DJI website or Youtube
That's what it sounded like to me as well. For sure has to download file to computer to update. Copy to sd card. Which will be a bin file. Do not put in folder. Then place in bird where it will update. After completion. Put sd card back in computer for results. Op is not clear if he did all this.

I got the same message when updating mine. I repeated the process and was successful the second time????

Thanks for the responses guys. I figured it out last night. I updated the bird from my computer with the sd card and reinstalled like chazz mentioned...all is good now[emoji106]

Reactions: Tony Cowan
What do you recommend one does when installing an advanced gimbal/camera onto a professional?
If FW upgrade is available , go for FW for advance. Else downgrade to adv FW first and then upgrade back to adv FW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.