phantom fell from the sky... help!

Reaction score
i just bought a phantom 3 advanced. flew 3 or 4 times before the crash and everything was fine, all new firmware up to date and calibrated. i was hoovering over a golf course 100ft and 30 or 40 feet in front of me. all batteries were charged and all the sudden i lose the video feed and the quadcopter comes crashing down. Any thing i could have down to do this? i was just hovering and not making any movements on the joy sticks. just looking at this golf course i was flying over. Any way i sent it back in to dji, just wondering if anyone else had some problems like this. hopefully dji takes care of it. its wrecked pretty back id hate to have to pay to fix it the camera broke off and the body is cracked

thanks

u know the procedure...

extract the logs and upload them to healthydrones

Ugh if you didn't touch the controls I don't see how you could have done anything wrong. Sorry you got a lemon, am sure they will make it right and your next one will be wonderful.

same thing happen to me, they told me i caused a csc with my hand functions but i dont really think i did. you can review flight logs, when i look through mine i didnt see anything that stood out. I have not had an issue since.

The thing i believe happen to mine, i was coming down from a good ways up. I stopped the bird about 100 feet up and then i double tapped the down on my left stick. and i believe the drone thought i landed when i had stopped and dropped when the motors killed after double tapping down. anyway. its all good, my bird is fine and i love to fly

I didn't realize I can plug this in and look at all that. I don't think the motors turned off. When it hit the ground I picked it up and it was beeping really fast and loud and the lights where on.

If you download the .txt file from the device you used to flew with I can tell you possibly exactly what took place.

Connect to device search for DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecords/ and scroll to the .txt file you crashed on and save it to desktop. You can then zip the file and attach it to a post in this thread.

If you download the .txt file from the device you used to flew with I can tell you possibly exactly what took place.

Connect to device search for DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecords/ and scroll to the .txt file you crashed on and save it to desktop. You can then zip the file and attach it to a post in this thread.

I sent it back to dji they should be getting it today. But next time I know to do that. Thand for all the info ! Appreciate it

I sent it back to dji they should be getting it today. But next time I know to do that. Thand for all the info ! Appreciate it

You can extract the flight logs from your FPV device. If you're on apple, connect your ipad /iphone to itunes, select the device, select apps, scroll down the page to the file sharing section, select DJI Go and in the right hand pane highlight the Flight Records folder and save to - wherever. You can then upload the flight logs to www.healthydrones.com and you will be able to see all the relevant data, including battery info which looks to me like was the issue.

Battery not locked in place? Maybe vibrated out?

When it crashed the battery was still in it. On my dji go app I can see the flights.last flight it crashed with 82 percent battery life. Return home was set to 98 feet and I calibrate before every flight even if I fly in the same area . And it looks like I was giving it a little bit foward movent. Than just crashed .

Sucks man. It happens rarely. We never know the reason. Happened since the original phantom. Wonder how long DJI will take to respond. Did you have to send it to Hong Kong ?

And btw you shouldn't calibrate it before every flight, you'll get flamed for saying that around here.

Sucks man. It happens rarely. We never know the reason. Happened since the original phantom. Wonder how long DJI will take to respond. Did you have to send it to Hong Kong ?

And btw you shouldn't calibrate it before every flight, you'll get flamed for saying that around here.

I called them and they sent me a bunch of stuff to fill out and some shipping labels. I dropped it off at fed ex Tuesday. Sent it to a California address. I'm in Colorado so it should be there today.

Haha and why not ? It's an expensive toy so I was following the directions. The videos on dji told me tI calibrate before every flight. And I've flown some small nano drones in my house . So it's not like I didn't know the stick controls. I really don't think I made it crash . I just hope I don't have to buy and 400 camera to put back on it lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers